Active Topics

Author No new petrol bikes after 2035  (Read 650 times)

• Offline mdr1970   england

• SX God  ‐    5361
    • Topic Author

Offline mdr1970

• SX God
    • Topic Author
    • Life is simply too short for traffic...
    • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
    • City / Town: Peterborough
    No new petrol bikes after 2035
    on: 21 Jul 22, 09:37:42
    21 Jul 22, 09:37:42
     :oh_no:  :oh_no:  :oh_no:  :006:
    2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK  :008:

• Offline Mikey1   gb

• SX Member  ‐    31

Offline Mikey1

• SX Member
    • Bike: Ninja 1000sx
    • City / Town: Preston
    Re: No new petrol bikes after 2035
    Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 22, 10:12:05
    21 Jul 22, 10:12:05
    so that's 12 years of saving so i can buy the last new motorbike ill ever own in 2034  :008:

saying that though I've ridden a few electric trials bikes and whilst they are awesome fun with instant torque, i am curious if any hydrogen fuel cell tech, or synthetic fuel tech, will take the lead over the electric option. Toyota have some amazing data relating to their 2nd generation hydrogen car and VW are pushing hard on synthetic fuels so will be interesting to see where this all ends up.

• Offline mdr1970   england

• SX God  ‐    5361
    • Topic Author

Offline mdr1970

• SX God
    • Topic Author
    • Life is simply too short for traffic...
    • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
    • City / Town: Peterborough
    Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 22, 11:44:32
    21 Jul 22, 11:44:32
    I rode again for Zero at this year's MCN show and they're FANTASTIC fun, but that's all IMO...they're fun and not a realistic option for the foreseeable  :006:

Don't know about you lot, but i view most current electric vehicles in their present form like laser disc.

Hydrogen fuel cell maybe better but much development is still needed.

I'm now wondering whether they'll ever get the nuclear batteries thing sorted and if they do, how much they'll pay the first test pilots  :008:
    2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK  :008:

• Online Kwackergaz   gb

• SX Member  ‐    94

Online Kwackergaz

• SX Member
    • Bike: 2018 1000sx
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 22, 12:41:23
    21 Jul 22, 12:41:23
    I like the noise of a nice exhaust,makes a bike sound like a bike and not a lawnmower,so if they persist with synthetic fuels, great,if not i'm gone.Not interested.

• Offline Mikey1   gb

• SX Member  ‐    31

Offline Mikey1

• SX Member
    Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 22, 12:44:01
    21 Jul 22, 12:44:01
    *Originally Posted by mdr1970 [+]
    I rode again for Zero at this year's MCN show and they're FANTASTIC fun, but that's all IMO...they're fun and not a realistic option for the foreseeable  :006:

Don't know about you lot, but i view most current electric vehicles in their present form like laser disc.

Hydrogen fuel cell maybe better but much development is still needed.

I'm now wondering whether they'll ever get the nuclear batteries thing sorted and if they do, how much they'll pay the first test pilots  :008:

good point about the laser disc, its starting to now look like a VHS V Betamax standoff with Electric V every other option out there...lets hope the other options gain ground quickly

• Offline AndyR

• SX Member  ‐    88

Offline AndyR

• SX Member
    • Bike: Ninja1000SX
    Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 22, 03:50:25
    22 Jul 22, 03:50:25
    I think they’re taking us down a cul-de-sac with all this EV rubbish. The infrastructure is never going to ready by 2030/35 to make increasing numbers of new vehicle viable.

To me it seems a bit like scam, get huge numbers of people to buy new Vehicles then make the obsolete a few years later when a proper alternative such as hydrogen becomes available. Just think of all the money people are going to spend keeping up with progress.

• Online Steve CJ   england

• SX Member  ‐    85

Online Steve CJ

• SX Member
    • There are many wheels but these are my wheels
    • Bike: 2015 Z1000SX
    • City / Town: Norwich
    Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 22, 11:54:56
    22 Jul 22, 11:54:56
    I cant see the infrastructure being there either, especially when they are reducing gas and oil and we all will be dependant on electricity. If it takes 10 minutes to charge and there are three or four people waiting in front, well  :087: We will need a lot more Sizewell C nuclear power stations. Like you say leading us down the garden path with one exit at the moment  :827:

• Offline Mikey1   gb

• SX Member  ‐    31

Offline Mikey1

• SX Member
    Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 22, 08:21:44
    25 Jul 22, 08:21:44
    i work in residential development and we are now bound by regulations & planning requirements to install a % of EV charging points for each new development, its been an interesting time reviewing loadings on substation equipment and some of the technology they have regards controlling how the vehicles charge at certain times is good ill admit, but we're only concentrating on new housing stock, what is supposed to happen with existing apartment developments and traditional housing such as terracing? that's the major issue the government will have in the next decade

• Offline jupialto

• SX Member  ‐    81

Offline jupialto

• SX Member
    • Bike: Ninja1000sx 2021
    • City / Town: Raamsdonksveer
    Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 22, 10:37:49
    25 Jul 22, 10:37:49
    What irritates me most in the whole discussion (at least in my country!) is that we tend to dive deep into electric driving , forgetting to look at any other option (hydrogen) with the same enthusiasm.

I figure we all are petrolheads here, so what about synthetic fuel??? It's not an issue to say we can remain doing what we always did IMO.

Ridin' a beep-beep bike doesn't make my heart/ears sing, so let's concentrate on all options!

expletive