Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Top Sellerie Seats  (Read 765 times)

Offline Peterbennetive

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: SX, 10R & ZXR750
  • City / Town: Benfleet, Essex
Top Sellerie Seats
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:05:53 PM »
Hi All. I'm thinking of ordering a pair of seats from these guys. I'm looking at getting the front lowered as my wife and I struggle with short leg syndrome. We are also looking at longer comfort as it would be nice to do a bit of touring. I seem to recall someone saying that the gel seats get hot and sticky when the weather is warm. Does anyone have these on their SX? If so, what are your thoughts? Also is there any one in this country that do the same thing. Cheers

Offline keithzx

• SX Pro
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Re: Top Sellerie Seats
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:15:24 PM »
i bit the bullet , and ordered the top sellerie seat. i ordered new seats made from scratch , that way you can keep you original seats , go to the top sellerie web site and you can pick the seat you want , i got arse ache after a short time , did 160 miles on Saturday no problem i have noticed a big difference in the comfort, may be expensive worked out  around £330 , but worth it for me , i also put some foot peg lowering kits on as i used to do with my zzr's well worth the £25 , bike is much much better to ride for me now .

Offline keithzx

• SX Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »
 quick pic of the seat

Offline Peterbennetive

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:46:43 PM »
Looks nice. was it gel or memory foam and what was the turn around time?

Offline keithzx

• SX Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 10:04:31 PM »
i ordered the deluxe seat , find it very comfortable , not sure what the padding is , i had a Kawasaki gel seat on my 2010 gtr 1400 it was worse than the original  stock seat. think it is three weeks turn around , you will have to go to the web site to get the details ,you could try and pick up another stock seat and send that off , it is cheaper to have a seat redone rather buy a complete seat.

Offline Buster Ray

• SX Pro
  • Buster Ray
  • Bike: z1000sx 2015
  • City / Town: Swinton/S. Yorks
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 07:42:44 AM »
I have had one for a year and 160 mile days are easy on this seat. I had it lowered 22mmm but with the narrowing its more like 32mm. They used a mix of gel and memory foam on the front as it was reduced and wouldn't have been enough foam but its very comfy and never hot and sticky. The pillion is 100% memory foam and the wife says its very comfy now, was like sitting on an an ironing board before she says!

2015 Touring, Red and Black. Custom Seat. Puig DB Black Screen. Evotech Rad Guard.
Sent from a phone, using my thumbs.

Offline Peterbennetive

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 10:09:46 AM »
That's great to hear. I mainly wanted the rear seat more comfortable. What is the front seat like with the padding behind you? Is there still enough room to move around.

Offline Peterbennetive

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 10:11:44 AM »
We took the 1260S Mulistrada for a ride Saturday to see if that's better. Decided to stick with the SX.

Offline Buster Ray

• SX Pro
  • Buster Ray
  • Bike: z1000sx 2015
  • City / Town: Swinton/S. Yorks
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 10:36:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Peterbennetive [+]
That's great to hear. I mainly wanted the rear seat more comfortable. What is the front seat like with the padding behind you? Is there still enough room to move around.

As you can probably see from my profile pic I am a bit ample in the seating department and I find it great, does limit the movement slightly for me but if you are anything like a bit smaller this will do for you, there are other designs on the website that are not as built up at the back as this one.
2015 Touring, Red and Black. Custom Seat. Puig DB Black Screen. Evotech Rad Guard.
Sent from a phone, using my thumbs.

Offline keithzx

• SX Pro
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 03:35:25 PM »
i think my seat was the deluxe , better check with there website i don't have mine built up at the back of the riders arse ,,plenty of room

expletive