Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: bluetooth without mic wanted.  (Read 752 times)

Offline Dartagnan

• SX Pro
  • Topic Author
  • They be treacle mines out the back..
bluetooth without mic wanted.
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:20:12 PM »
Hia, Ive a GARMIN 340LM fitted into the Kawasaki mounting but its not in line of sight and difficult to read with my driving glasses on so.
I just want the ear pieces, not the microphone, Can you just get the ear pieces and any recommendations.

Offline SteveMat

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Red ABS Tourer
  • City / Town: Blackwood
Re: bluetooth without mic wanted.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 07:58:12 AM »
If it connects via bluetooth then any bluetooth headset will do.  I use a Motorola Verve Rider+, which is a collar type, i.e. the battery and controls are on a collar, making the earbuds smaller.  And it is water resistant.  Think it cost less than £40.

Offline jonlong

• SX Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 08:55:08 PM »
You could use Bluetooth headphones under your helmet. I believe that Cardo also makes something that is for a solo rider. It may still have a mic for phone calls,though. But you don’t need to install it.

Offline HeerNMeester

• SX Junior
  • Round here, something radiates
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Almere
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 12:02:52 PM »
I use a Cardo Freecom 1. This unit has a removable mic, and no option for connecting to other units except a GPS and a Phone. I mainly use it to play music and navigation. It cost me around 120 euro.
With the mic attached you can use it to make calls as well. The speakers can be replaced easily (just a 3.5mm jack) for better one (Since I always ride with earplugs I have it at max volume and they are a bit distorted). Overall I'm happy with it. For 20 euro's more you have the Freecom 2 which does have a communication option to other riders.

Online keithzx

• SX Pro
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »
i also found the standard Kawasaki bracket too low . especially as i ride with a bagster tank bag, removed the bracket and raised it 50 mm, did the job for me , a scala rider also works well with my garmin, also has a mike ideal for your phone but you don't have to fit the mike ,try e bay for a scala.

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Day's!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 10:14:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by keithzx [+]
i also found the standard Kawasaki bracket too low . especially as i ride with a bagster tank bag, removed the bracket and raised it 50 mm, did the job for me , a scala rider also works well with my garmin, also has a mike ideal for your phone but you don't have to fit the mike ,try e bay for a scala.

You can try one of these new mounts from Telferizer, work really well and brings sat-nav right up into a better view!

https://www.z1000sx.co.uk/index.php/topic,9835.msg116790/topicseen.html#new
Support Your NHS @ 70

Online keithzx

• SX Pro
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 11:06:02 PM »
 I am more than happy with the mount I have now works ok for me at no cost

expletive