Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Jordan Bikes Leeds 2017 Remap with full Lextek system  (Read 1025 times)

Offline BigGee911

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
Re: Jordan Bikes Leeds 2017 Remap with full Lextek system
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 08:28:19 AM »
First things first the EU want shooting for making manufacturers doing this to engines. A full system and remap IMO has freed this engine up no end and thing pulls sweet as a nut. From 1500rpm in top it just drove off no issues at all. There is a price to be paid though and that is popping, banging and backfires. Now a tuned engine does this anyway but we don't hear due to exhausts systems and clever folk at the manufacturers. We have options to explore back at the tuners which will happen on the 26/4/18. There is only one issue to address and that is reduce the backfire to an acceptable point which in turn will protect the end can, my hearing and the general public :431:
Like I've already said this engine deserves to have this mod and we will try everything we can to get it to an acceptable level. Remember fast things make noise :031:

Offline maccmike

• SX God
  • 4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul
  • Bike: Z1000SX Black
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »
The PAIR valve bleeds air into the exhaust port so I would think it would benefit from a 'Block Off Kit' quite a bit. See Woolich Racing comments on the link below.

http://www.woolichracing.co.uk/usersupport/36/2063/block-off-pair-valve-before-autotune.aspx

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • WRING IT LIKE A WET FLANNEL
  • Bike: 13 Z1000sx
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 08:11:04 PM »
 :461: a good tuner should have picked up on this it can be resolved with a bolt to plug the pipe if you don't want to buy the kit which essentially that is all it's doing I would also ask him about the fuel cut off as this shuts off the injectors when off the throttle then rewets the intake with fuel when you get back on the gas I think this is how it's popping when you blip it the woolich software allows you to disable it but it will reduce the engine braking but I don't see that being as big a problem as the backfire.  How often is it doing it? is it when your changing gear? does it do it when you roll off the throttle slowly?
Thrashed it and Trashed it

expletive