Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RAM mount - above clocks  (Read 8130 times)

Offline bilhound

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 SX
Re: RAM mount - above clocks
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 02:09:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wright_stuf [+]
Have you got Bobs email address, so i can start some correspondents regarding purchasing one of these?

Just dealt with him by phone until he needed my rubbish sketch with measurements. As I mentioned above, don't go for a carbon copy of mine, measure it out first!

Offline Wright_stuf

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Buckinghamshire
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 02:14:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by bilhound [+]
Just dealt with him by phone until he needed my rubbish sketch with measurements. As I mentioned above, don't go for a carbon copy of mine, measure it out first!
what after market screen do you have Bilhound?
I hope they have warm sticky roads in Heaven!

Offline bilhound

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 02:54:31 PM »
No idea! Will put up some proper pics later for you.

Offline Wright_stuf

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Buckinghamshire
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 03:38:50 PM »
UPDATE:
Spoke with Bob who is looking to make a few of these as he has had 4 enquiries this week already, so he should have a price etc by the end of the week, he did say it should come in between £30-£40 region  :828:
I hope they have warm sticky roads in Heaven!

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 07:59:35 PM »
UPDATE:
Spoke with Bob who is looking to make a few of these as he has had 4 enquiries this week already, so he should have a price etc by the end of the week, he did say it should come in between £30-£40 region  :828:

Wicked, well he's going to get another enquiry tomorrow, hope he's got enough material. lol.

I'm confused why each different screen would need to be measured, surely the distance between the screw hole are always going to be the same??   :187:
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 08:29:14 PM »
Have you got Bobs email address, so i can start some correspondents regarding purchasing one of these?

http://www.telferizer.com/contact/

Or

info@telferizer.com

Just spoken to Bob and added my name to the list for one of these too.

He asked for a link to this topic to see the pictures from Bilhound, so I've just e-mailed him the link too.
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline bilhound

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 09:33:05 AM »
Phone case from ultimate addons now attached to the ball mount extender arm (also ultimate addons) which brings the case up far enough to fit.

Most would say the whole 'cockpit' is now a bit busy but I'm able to store the phone somewhere properly on the bike and charge it at the same time, plus give myself a bit more information when exploring. This picture is with the screen set in the middle which is where I normally have it set by default. On the lowest setting it does obscure the clocks but I never set it to there anyway.

Currently getting some new brackets ordered to put the grips and scottoiler controls in line with the bars - which should tidy everything up a bit more.

Hope this helps all!

Offline bilhound

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 01:23:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]

I'm confused why each different screen would need to be measured, surely the distance between the screw hole are always going to be the same??   :187:

You're right in that the distances are the same, but as each screen is different I assume there will be a variation in the angles and the length of the flat bit of the bar. For example, a bar to fit a standard screen might have to have a longer flat length, as it doesn't have the double bubble to protrude in to.

Of course, I'm not an engineer so this could be total bull. But as I'm recommending the product I just want others to be aware that my measurements *might* not fit every bike.

Offline plodgeman

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2012SX
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 06:42:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
Wicked, well he's going to get another enquiry tomorrow, hope he's got enough material. lol.

They shouldn't unless they have changed it on the newer models. My 2012 has a 30 degree offset on the mountings with 190mm between each screw hole. Simple really  :001:

Offline Gargy

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 08:56:23 PM »
I can't understand why this is looking so hard to fabricate. Type of screen has nothing to do with it.

The bend in the flat bar just has to be as close to the fixing hole as possible. I came to this conclusion because all screens are bowed out, away from the rider to deflect wind over the rider as much as possible.

Just my two penneth worth.
Instead of arriving in heaven in a perfect body.... Slide in sideways on your bike screaming "What a ride!"