Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Michelin Road 5  (Read 13313 times)

Online mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
Re: Michelin Road 5
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2018, 02:30:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocky the Dog [+]
I don't think they were talking about PR5s in the context of mileage - it was about OEMs and other tyres the peeps posting had been using.  PR5s are so new, I'm not sure anyone has done significant miles yet.   

Steve

Ah, my bad - cheers Steve; makes more sense now  :oh_no:    :828:
2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:   :008:

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Day's!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2018, 05:05:47 PM »
£30 off all mitchelin Tyres at approved dealers when bought and fitted as a pair!

Basically, mitchelin are running their 'we pay for fitting' promo again, until the end of April.

that's on all tyres, not just Road 5's!
Support Your NHS @ 70

Offline Lincsrider

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Grantham
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2018, 08:23:12 PM »
So I have had my PR5s on for quite a while now, through cold, wet and sunny weather. I do quite a few miles Observing Associate IAM members, around some pretty twist roads here in Lincolnshire.  For anyone who has ever ridden the B1190 road between Horncastle  Bardney (Known as the Bardney Bends), you'll know it is a top road and quite a technical ride.  The PR5s have given me the confidence to take them at an improved pace and lines.  The tyres stick to the road superbly, in dry & wet. Now I am used to the tyres making turning in to the bends a little easier and quicker, I find I'm hitting far better lines and my confidence is soaring.  I've not had a single moment where I felt out of control.  I certainly recommend them.
2012 Black & Red Z1000SX ABS Tourer, Red Scorpion Cans, Tint Screen, Tony Archer Seat, colour coordinated Scorpion 1200 Exo Air helmet with Scala Q3 bluetooth comms

Offline NoddyNinja

• SX Master
  • Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4
  • City / Town: Rossendale
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2018, 09:31:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Lincsrider [+]
So I have had my PR5s on for quite a while now, through cold, wet and sunny weather. I do quite a few miles Observing Associate IAM members, around some pretty twist roads here in Lincolnshire.  For anyone who has ever ridden the B1190 road between Horncastle  Bardney (Known as the Bardney Bends), you'll know it is a top road and quite a technical ride.  The PR5s have given me the confidence to take them at an improved pace and lines.  The tyres stick to the road superbly, in dry & wet. Now I am used to the tyres making turning in to the bends a little easier and quicker, I find I'm hitting far better lines and my confidence is soaring.  I've not had a single moment where I felt out of control.  I certainly recommend them.

:460:
Enjoying the V4 "ROAR"

Offline ed

• SX Pro
  • Bike: '17 perf tourer
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2018, 10:32:01 PM »
Just hope that my 40 mile old Road 5 back tyre with two separate two inch long splits is a one off and I get a replacement that's not faulty too...

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Day's!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2018, 01:41:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Lincsrider [+]

:460:

My OM tyres are now officially square and giving me all sorts of confidence problems so I’ll be looking forward to changing them next month as well as a suspension setup and 4000mile Service. The Road 5’s are my first choice so far it just depends on budget. Hopefully they’ll be another offer on from Michelin otherwise might have to settle for the proven PR4’s.
My local tyre shop also hinted that there might be an offer coming up from Bridgestone soon l, which might push me towards the T30’s. All depends on the budget remaining after service.

Thanks for the good write ups so far and I look forward to reading more soon, they certainly help when choosing!
Support Your NHS @ 70

Online mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2018, 02:33:15 PM »
My friend has them on his Blackbird and vfr1200 and is in love with them, having ridden just about everything else on the market. He averages between 4 and 500 miles a week, in all weather's, so is more than qualified to comment.

Looking at his Blackbird last Sunday, they had 3k+ on them and looked in excellent shape  :028:

I'll probably give them a go after my next set of 01s...
2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:   :008:

Offline Dartagnan

• SX Pro
  • They be treacle mines out the back..
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2018, 02:58:22 PM »
Has anyone taken the chicken strips right off the PR4 road riding only...just wondering what they are like when pushed.

Offline Foxy

• SX Master
  • Bike: Black 2011 SX AB
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2018, 07:49:31 PM »

Think I was close to wiping the strips on the road and then went to Cadwell  :007:. A great all round tyre, get's a bit squirmy when hot and on the edge but considering how good they were in the wet then pretty impressive.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:52:04 PM by Foxy »

Offline Dartagnan

• SX Pro
  • They be treacle mines out the back..
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2018, 04:31:39 AM »
Thats what I was wondering, how much confidence they give when using all the tyre on the roads, squirmys ok on a track.🤔

expletive