Active Topics

Author Topic: My other bikes  (Read 2930 times)

Offline boldie

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRt
Re: My other bikes
Reply #10 on: 19 Jun 20, 11:06:44
I had one of the first RD350 YPVS, it was my first bike after passing my test back in 1991. It was mental and I loved it despite it blowing up regular as clockwork! There's a bike that teaches you to wheelie :)

Wife's just brought a Street Twin which is a lovely little bike and sounds great. She has bad knees and can't stay on the back of mine for more that 20 mins before she's in pain so I'm considering selling the Ninja 1000 and just getting a Thruxton R /RS since I'll only be one up from now on :/

Offline FowlersZSX

• SX Member
Reply #11 on: 19 Jun 20, 11:48:11
*Originally Posted by boldie [+]
Wife's just brought a Street Twin which is a lovely little bike and sounds great. She has bad knees and can't stay on the back of mine for more that 20 mins before she's in pain so I'm considering selling the Ninja 1000 and just getting a Thruxton R /RS since I'll only be one up from now on :/

Having to sell the new Ninja already! Can't you just keep it and ride solo on it?

I've just added a 3rd bike to my collection in the form of a secondhand near mint 5 year old Versys 1000 with only 4000miles on the clock. Which was not a bike I would have ever looked at but this one came up as the owner passed away last year and it had been sat in a garage since It had not been advertised but I offered more than the dealers the widow had offered it to, and now it's mine. It's a bit big for me to be honest but will keep it a little bit as my other half likes it on the back much more than the SX and it's cool to be able to compare two bikes with the same engine basically aimed at similar markets both from Kawasaki. After a bit I'll sell it on and won't lose anything because I bought it cheap but there's always a chance after a bit the Versys might grow on me and I might decide to keep that and sell my SX. Unlikely unless my other half gets her way though

Offline Foxy

• SX Master
  • Bike: Black 2011 SX AB
  • City / Town: Leeds
Reply #12 on: 19 Jun 20, 07:32:32
My K6 - got 33K miles and 15 years old but in great condition. Bought it for track day frolics, needed something I can ride to the circuits just incase my mate with a trailer can't do the event.

expletive