Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headlight protectors  (Read 988 times)

Offline Mhirst121

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Carlisle
Headlight protectors
« on: July 14, 2017, 09:26:09 PM »
Hi all, I have just bought some headlight protectors and hand guards from powerbronze for my 2017 model.  The hand guards have fit a treat, once I got the bar end weights out, but the headlight protectors are a different story. I have fit them as per the instructions using the small self adhesive pads as described. The fit of these is terrible, if I poistion them so they are not rubbing on the paintwork, one small tap on them and they fall off. I dare not use them as I know the first pothole and they will be off.
Has anyone else had any problems with these.
Cheers,
MartinH

Offline RichardPB

• Powerbronze - Forum Sponsor
Re: Headlight protectors
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
Hello Martin,

Apologies for the inconvenience you have had with this product.

So that I can refer this to our production manager, I will send you a private message with my e-mail address. 

Could you please send me some photos of the product showing the areas where they aren't fitting correctly and a description of the areas where the problem is to the e-mail address I send you ?

Thank you & Kind Regards,
Richard
Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Powerbronze and like the page

Offline Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:55:29 PM »
I've got the power bronze Headlight guards too. I have the same issue with them not being a great fit and can only get about 3 of the tabs on each protector fitted and engaging so the lock the protector to the Headlight, it's true if you tap it the wobble and feel as loose and unsecured as anything BUT I've had them fitted since March, rode the bike every day on  pot hole ridden roads ( that's a standard UK road) and surprisingly not lost either of the protectors. The somehow stay on and don't come off.

Offline NorfolkNinja

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Newport, Wales
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
Just joined as I bought a new bike two weeks ago and found this forum. I thought it was just me as I bought a pair of Powerbronze headlight guards when advised by the dealer that a new headlight is £1000. The fit is terrible, on the left side there appears to be a twist in the plastic and the front angle with the fairing doesn't line up. The pointed ends curl in too much so leaves a gap which the velcro pads can't take up. The right side LOOKS better but there is a 10mm gap at the bottom, again the pads can't fit. Absolute rubbish, got a refund but initially the dealer said I would have to take it up with Powerbronze until I insisted they were not fit for purpose and when they tried themselves they agreed the fit was very poor.
I emailed Powerbronze but no reply. Steer clear folks!

Offline RichardPB

• Powerbronze - Forum Sponsor
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 09:37:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by NorfolkNinja [+]
Just joined as I bought a new bike two weeks ago and found this forum. I thought it was just me as I bought a pair of Powerbronze headlight guards when advised by the dealer that a new headlight is £1000. The fit is terrible, on the left side there appears to be a twist in the plastic and the front angle with the fairing doesn't line up. The pointed ends curl in too much so leaves a gap which the velcro pads can't take up. The right side LOOKS better but there is a 10mm gap at the bottom, again the pads can't fit. Absolute rubbish, got a refund but initially the dealer said I would have to take it up with Powerbronze until I insisted they were not fit for purpose and when they tried themselves they agreed the fit was very poor.
I emailed Powerbronze but no reply. Steer clear folks!

Hello NorfolkNinja,

Apologies for the inconvenience with this product.

Your e-mail unfortunately got filtered by our inbox's spam filters so didn't make it into our inbox and was therefore unseen.

With any Powerbronze product which you have just received, if there is any problem, you are welcome to return them for refund or reforming if malformed. In your case this would have to be arranged through the dealer you purchased them from.

Our sales office is open from 9 a.m. till 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and can be contacted on the phone (01903 783222) or you can private message me on this forum and I can assist you the next time I am in the office if outside of the above hours.

I will send this to you via e-mail as well.

Kind Regards,
Richard Padwick
Powerbronze International
Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Powerbronze and like the page

Offline KD

• SX God
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX WJF
  • City / Town: Warminster
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
Not being awkward. I have no issues with mine. Just had to figure out where the best place to put the pads to get the headlight protector to sit right.
The photo below shows most of the pads. The other one is in the top corner.

Regards David.

Offline trivster

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marazion
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 01:01:15 PM »
I can't stand the look of those 3M plastic pads that are used for headlight covers, looks like an after thought.  Besides, I'm sure I read somewhere that LED headlights aren't meant to have anything covering them, something to do with the light beam reflecting back into the light unit and causing it to over heat and wear out prematurely.

Offline L2RKE

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX Touring
  • City / Town: BURY ST EDMUNDS
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 04:06:12 PM »
I had a protector on my VFR a while back.(not power bronze)
When braking for a LH bend I felt the bike veer to the right. So backed off the brakes but had to reapply to make the bend.The bike again tried to veer right as I entered the LH bend  :005:. Fortunately there was a layby on the right  which I then headed for. When I got off the bike I found(you guessed it) the head light protector had fell off and wedged between one fork leg and the fairing. Very scarey. I will never use one again. :827:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:09:28 PM by L2RKE »
Mods so far..Sargent seat.Akrapovic Carbon End cans.Fenda and Hugger extenda's.  Satnav mount. Acc. power socket.Vtrex adj.levers.

Online mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »
I'm with Dave on this. If you put the grip pads in the right place and keep them clean...THEY DO THEIR JOB!!  :oh_no:

I was out yesterday and on a couple of the roads we rode, I felt like we were paint balling, getting shot with gravel from the road. I now have a few deep scratches on the right light protector = It has MORE than paid for itself!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:15:29 PM by mdr1970 »
2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:   :008:

Offline KD

• SX God
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX WJF
  • City / Town: Warminster
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 07:29:52 PM »
Ah shucks Mark .. Dont start getting sweet on me ...  :745:

Side note .. Did you notice the new position for the Drift 4K camera on the front fender ..  :028:
Regards David.

expletive