Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scottish motorcycle show  (Read 1559 times)

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 13 Z1000sx
Scottish motorcycle show
« on: March 13, 2017, 12:06:57 PM »
As mentioned in another topic there was 7 SX's in the car park on Sunday anyone on here?  If you were what did you think of the show?  I wish that Aprilia and BMW would go

Offline BigBlueBear

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Scottish motorcycle show
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 12:18:03 PM »
I was there Sunday, it was a bit too busy, not enough bikes on show, classics hall was brilliant, stunt show was more car than bike, too many clothing retailers etc but I did enjoy it.

Offline begbie

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Red SX 2015
  • City / Town: LIVINGSTON
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
Went myself on Sunday, did not take the bike as it was stripped for a little project.  But thought the show was the exact replica of last year, not enough companies representing manufacturers i.e new bikes, 1 Kawasaki 1 Suzuki  1 Honda etc, not even BMW????  Lots of clothing and even them some prices cheaper on-line, but a chance to catch up and brush off the winter.   Lets get biking..... :305:
You can always tell how bad the weather is when you spend more on polish than you do on fuel, ye gods my bike is shiny......

Offline ceesam

• SX Pro
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 12:15:08 PM »
I went on the saturday and spent £100 on tools i will rarely use.  I cant help myself!   Apart from a facelift there wasn't enough on the new sx to upgrade.  Still nice though.  The real headturner for me was the KTM super duke GT.....but >160bhp can only get you into trouble!  BMW haven't been to the show for years which is a shame.  Also, Ducati NEVER have a streetfighter on their stall!  For some reason i'm always dissapointed with what suzuki have to offer.  Perhaps its the suzuki blue.  It may remind me of tesco value!

Offline ceesam

• SX Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »
I also spotted a cool custom bmw.  What made it the bike of the show for me was the story behind the build.

His wife's favourite shoes were on the bike and the underside of the bike was painted red to match the underside of her shoes.  Very touching.

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 03:10:03 PM »
Yes I did see that it was a really nice job I never read the story behind it until now :oh_no: a very emotional build.
Any way a couple of pic's

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »
2 more

expletive