Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Kuryakyn throttle lock mod  (Read 1119 times)

Offline tumchiehead

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
Kuryakyn throttle lock mod
« on: July 22, 2016, 04:58:25 PM »
For anyone who suffers from "tingling" in their throttle hand this mod might help.
I have a "Dupuytrens contracture" in the palm of my right hand so it gets painful on long journeys.
 I bought a Kuryakyn Universal throttle lock to help with this, because there's no space on the bars to fit the bracket, I ended up modding it, I also use grip puppies to help with the vibes.
Although it's called a "lock" it actually only grips tight enough so I can rest my hand, in an emergency I can still close the throttle without having to touch the lock.
It's the best £25 I've ever spent on a bike  :002:

Offline Chester

• SX Master
  • Zzzz
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Peterborough
Re: Kuryakyn throttle lock mod
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 06:21:37 PM »
I can sympathise!  Anyone suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome or similar might even be looking to hang up their leathers, and that includes me!

Here's another thing to try out, fitted to my bike, and it allows me to exercise my hand whilst keeping the throttle open and cruising...

http://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycle/brands/oxford/handlebar_accessories/cruise_throttle_assist_32mm_36mm/

It really has made quite a difference.  Without exercising my hand, the ache/pains get too much much and I have to stop riding.  The first time probably an hour, and every 20 minutes thereafter!  With this on the throttle, no problem.  :007:
Chester

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 08:49:17 PM »
I use one of those too Chester, only on rides that will be 4 hours plus..so touring, they great as can keep hand open and flat
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Offline Rockape737

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Alresford
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 10:34:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Chester [+]
I can sympathise!  Anyone suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome or similar might even be looking to hang up their leathers, and that includes me!

Here's another thing to try out, fitted to my bike, and it allows me to exercise my hand whilst keeping the throttle open and cruising...

http://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycle/brands/oxford/handlebar_accessories/cruise_throttle_assist_32mm_36mm/

It really has made quite a difference.  Without exercising my hand, the ache/pains get too much much and I have to stop riding.  The first time probably an hour, and every 20 minutes thereafter!  With this on the throttle, no problem.  :007:
:460: :047:, I think I’ll buy one for the Assen trip.