Active Topics

Author Topic: Rear shock servicing  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Scrump

• SX Junior
Rear shock servicing
on: 22 May 16, 11:30:48
Hi guys, new to the site and looking for some info.
I'm going to service my old mans z1000sx and the forks and rear shock are going to be stripped and overhauled.
Forks are no problem I e done them before but my question
 Is on the shock,  do they get filled with oil under pressure or is it God enough to just work new oil through the valves then seal up.

Does anyone have any info on the rear shock they could send me?

I service a lot of ohlins shocks and ktech aswell but obviously the OEM shocks are very different  so if anyone can tell me how to build the shock up I'd appreciate it

Offline On one wheel

• SX God
  • Bike: Speed Triple 94R
  • City / Town: Up North
Re: Rear shock servicing
Reply #1 on: 23 May 16, 08:25:15
When you have done one you may as well do loads, form an orderly line chaps  :007:
Owned over 100 bikes and still going!!

Rev it till the red bit, dump the clutch and enjoy.

Speedy 94 - wheeeellieee !!

Offline Scrump

• SX Junior
Reply #2 on: 23 May 16, 01:32:26
No problem at all, I have the info from Kawasaki now and we offer a mail service so if anyone wants them done fire away.

NOTE: I didn't start this thread as a business touting thread so apologies if I have overstepped the mark as I know some forums don't like it.

Offline KPH-BKK

• SX Junior
Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 21, 08:20:17
*Originally Posted by Scrump [+]
No problem at all, I have the info from Kawasaki now and we offer a mail service so if anyone wants them done fire away.

NOTE: I didn't start this thread as a business touting thread so apologies if I have overstepped the mark as I know some forums don't like it.
Hi - do you have the details that you can pass me please - I'm in Thailand with a 2012 Z1000 that desperately needs a shock overhaul. 
Thanks,

Offline Scrump

• SX Junior
Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 21, 08:31:39
*Originally Posted by KPH-BKK [+]
Hi - do you have the details that you can pass me please - I'm in Thailand with a 2012 Z1000 that desperately needs a shock overhaul. 
Thanks,

Hi, more than happy to rebuild your shock for you if you send me it .
Search for www.krg-motorcycles.co.uk

Offline KPH-BKK

• SX Junior
Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 21, 08:53:02
Cheers for the quick reply - I think shipping/import duty from Thailand to UK and back to Thailand would be more than a new shock.

Do you have the info from Kawasaki UK available (or a contact name there who can help) please ?

The dealers over here say there is nothing wrong with the shocks if they are old....  The Kawi head office doesn't return enquiries.

Thanks,

Offline kwacky

• SX God
  • Bike: Africa Twin AS.
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 21, 08:59:54
Have a look at YSS shocks. They're good value for the money and are made in Thailand so finding one and getting support should be much easier.

Offline KPH-BKK

• SX Junior
Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 21, 11:43:04
*Originally Posted by kwacky [+]
Have a look at YSS shocks. They're good value for the money and are made in Thailand so finding one and getting support should be much easier.
Yeah, thanks - i was aware of them but was trying to keep the spend low as most of my 'motorcycle money' gets spent on my race bike (CBR1000RR)

Interestingly, the like-for-like YSS shocks are more expensive in Thailand than the UK ! 

Offline Butts

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2017
  • City / Town: Thanet
Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 21, 10:58:14
*Originally Posted by Scrump [+]

Hi can you rebuild a 2017 rear shock resprung and revalved for my weight.
Been told 2017 can't be rebuilt ?

Cheers
Phil

expletive