lew600fazer lew600fazer
3248 Posts
maccmike maccmike
2900 Posts
KD KD
2754 Posts
Experience-Matters Experience-Matters
2291 Posts

Author Topic: LED Headlight Bulbs  (Read 110782 times)

Offline Alba1745

• SX Junior
Re: LED Headlight Bulbs
Reply #450 on: 28 Feb 20, 11:28:29
*Originally Posted by Buster Ray [+]
I simply followed Mikes instructions, using his spacers, and found it quite easy, if a little fiddly.

Aye,going to give it a go. I recently started doing oil n filter changes myself. That in itself was a big step forward......I'm still waiting for either the sump plug or the filter to fall off  :006:

Offline muggs

• SX Junior
Reply #451 on: 28 Feb 20, 12:49:26

Hi Alba, Fitted my led lights awhile ago now & found them to be tons better than the standard lights. You will need the spacers though to get them to fit properly Also be best if you have small hands. :001:

Online ukcoupe

• SX Junior
  • Bike: 2016 ABS
  • City / Town: North London
Reply #452 on: 03 Mar 20, 05:19:05
I did this mod and fitted LED headlights and side lights at the weekend using maccmike's spacers and his step by step instructions.
What a difference! And just like everyone else I tore my hands to shreds because I didn't bother removing the fairing side panels. But really worth doing.

Offline b1k3rdude

• SX Junior
Reply #453 on: 09 Mar 20, 07:23:46
*Originally Posted by maccmike [+]
A couple of weeks ago I was out at night and I had forgotten how poor the lights are on the SX, I fitted HID projectors which was a pain in the proverbial and not strictly legal, even though it did pass the MOT, so didn't want to go down that route again. Thought about the H7R bulb in the reflector and didn't fancy that either. So I looked into LED headlight bulbs and these are the ones I settled on
Hi Mike

So did the LED bulb pass the MOT and if so how rescently..?

And do you have a pic of the back of the headlight with the rubber boot fitted, I ask because how did you keep the back of the headlight sealed from the elements/rain etc.

b.

Online maccmike

• SX God
  • Bike: Z1000SX Black
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Reply #454 on: 09 Mar 20, 08:13:59
Not had a problem with MOT since they were fitted, last one being October last year. Got a picture somewhere, will post later. The oe boot fits fine and is as well sealed as original.

Online maccmike

• SX God
  • Bike: Z1000SX Black
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Reply #455 on: 09 Mar 20, 09:18:20
Pictures as requested showing rear of headlight unit with LED bulb fitted.

Offline chich

• SX Junior
Reply #456 on: 11 Mar 20, 09:51:37
Wow took a while to read all this thread, but seems like a great and easy mod to do.

Macmike - I'd love to get a set of your spacers please, if you're still making them! Please let me know how to go about it. Thanks in advance.

Offline b1k3rdude

• SX Junior
Reply #457 on: 13 Mar 20, 09:45:21
*Originally Posted by maccmike [+]
the adapter is necessary for the spring clip to bear upon and hold the bulb in place.
I had to do the same thing with the HID bulb in my bandit 1250, do you have a pic of the adapter you went for..? or did you make the aluminium one I can see in the following pic -

Last Edit: 13 Mar 20, 09:49:12 by b1k3rdude

Offline Zorro

• SX Junior
  • Bike: 2015 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #458 on: Yesterday at 09:21:33 PM
Just a note to say that I've done this mod recently and can't recommend it highly enough. Turns night into day! Respect and thanks to maccmike  :828: for parts and advice. Cheers. :031:

expletive