Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: LED Headlight Bulbs  (Read 71569 times)

Offline Idwal67

• SX Junior
Re: LED Headlight Bulbs
« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2018, 03:52:24 PM »
Have ordered the bulbs and spacers but does anyone have any pics of how bulbs and spacers fit together?
Thanks in advance

Offline Buster Ray

• SX Pro
  • Buster Ray
  • Bike: z1000sx 2015
  • City / Town: Swinton/S. Yorks
« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2018, 04:01:47 PM »
Use the search function there full instructions posted
2015 Touring, Red and Black. Custom Seat. Puig DB Black Screen. Evotech Rad Guard. Leo Vince Cans, R&G boot guards, frame caps and crash bungs
Sent from a phone, using my thumbs.

Offline d5aul

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2014
  • City / Town: Sittingbourne
« Reply #392 on: February 01, 2019, 01:44:55 PM »
I fitted my LED Headlight bulbs last night, Thanks to maccmike for the spacers.
A few things I’d like to note, the Bulbs that were being recommended lately were out of stock on Amazon, I managed to find some others on Amazon which appeared to be identical.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076YBCQXN?ref_=pe_3187911_248764861_302_E_DDE_dt_1
The problem I found was that the connector that joins the bulb to the driver seemed to be the opposite way to that shown on maccmike’s first post on this topic, this meant the screw collar was on the bulb side, this is slightly too large to pass through the heatsink, therefore to install the maccmike spacers I had to remove the bulb seating collar with the tiny allen screws, slide on the spacer & re fit the seating collar taking care that the bulb alignment remained the same.
Instead of using the H7 Adaptor on the original bulbs for connecting the driver to the bike, I removed the spade connectors from the plastic housing on the bikes headlight connectors, then added some heat shrink to the spade connectors & connected them to the driver plug. This left a slightly less bulky connector to tuck away.
Not been out on the bike yet but the lights seem brighter & much whiter in the Garage!

Offline Fluff

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Red SX
« Reply #393 on: February 11, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »
Purchased everything I needed including the spacers from Maccmike(massive thanks and fast postage) I waited for a half decent day as weather has been pretty cold. This is the kind of job I would probably not normally do but after reading the previous comments (cheers to you all) I gave it a go, in total about half an hour in total and a massive difference, I have not ridden the bike at night since I found out how poor the light really were. But now I’m off out...
A huge thanks to all who added to this post and uploaded images.

Offline Shorty

• SX Junior
« Reply #394 on: February 12, 2019, 03:47:30 PM »
Wow , a 30 minute job. Thats amazing. What did you have to remove etc. What led lights did you use

Thanks

Offline Fluff

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Red SX
« Reply #395 on: February 12, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »
Hi shorty if you go to page 29 of this post you will find everything you need to know about swapping over to LEDs you physically only remove 4 screws and then follow the instructions on pg29 (I bought a set of spacers as suggested by most from Maccmike, and that’s about it . I’ll attch photos of what I bout and it was from amazon. Good luck

Offline erajaot

• SX Junior
  • Z1000SX MY2015
  • Bike: Z1000SX MY2015
  • City / Town: Stockholm
« Reply #396 on: March 06, 2019, 08:46:44 PM »
Hi, this will be my first post in this forum...Hello everyone.

I have been a member for some time and had great help with the information available in the forum and now , latest, from this LED headlight thread. It has been a lot of communication regarding the aluminium spacers from maccmike. I have found them on eBay and placed an order for an easy upgrade to LED. I haven't seen this link before (or I may have missed it) so I add it here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H7-Headlamp-Bulb-Spacers-1-pair-LED-HID-upgrade-high-quality-aluminium/323687605859