Active Topics

Author Topic: How much do you pay?  (Read 53519 times)

Offline 43mhr

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx 2019
  • City / Town: Rushcliffe
Re: How much do you pay?
Reply #250 on: 06 Apr 20, 06:28:21
I find insurance premium comparisons quite meaningless. The net premium depends on age, experience, amount of no claims discount, whether the N.C bonus is protected, licence points, level of excess etc. etc.   Without knowing what these variables are, it is impossible to draw any conclusions about the value of the premium paid.

Offline Boxty

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 1000sx
  • City / Town: cambs
Reply #251 on: 07 Apr 20, 09:39:52
*Originally Posted by 43mhr [+]
I find insurance premium comparisons quite meaningless. The net premium depends on age, experience, amount of no claims discount, whether the N.C bonus is protected, licence points, level of excess etc. etc.   Without knowing what these variables are, it is impossible to draw any conclusions about the value of the premium paid.
What I find interesting is the wild variation between the high and low prices and how one company can be really competative one year and miles off the next

Online ooooo

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX & CRF250
  • City / Town: Bolton
Reply #252 on: 07 Apr 20, 03:14:19
*Originally Posted by 43mhr [+]
:461: we are better off chatting about which insurance company was good to deal with when we made a claim. I don't mind paying for good service or product, as they say 'buy cheap, buy twice' 

Offline DDHughes

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2014 in Green
  • City / Town: South Yorkshire
Reply #253 on: 09 Apr 20, 10:44:07

There is one good thing about pushing 60  -  I'm just getting quotes for my annual policy and both Bennetts and Swinton are quoting £94.50 fully comp.

That's 5000 miles a year, with maximum 9 years No Claims Discount, passed the test in 1979, now retired and living in Yorkshire. (I don't own a car, but am on the wife's policy)

The excess is a bit tasty though, at £350 !