Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z1000SX today?  (Read 608636 times)

Offline Nelix

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX.
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: What did you do to your Z1000SX today?
« Reply #3660 on: April 14, 2019, 08:32:09 PM »
Removed seat and LHS fairing, thanks to Jonathan Long's you tube video. Attached my optimiser cable and fitted a double USB power power point.
Ordered an iphone x quad lock case and an adhesive wall mount thanks to Oblivious the drummer's recommendation.

Offline Azz1e

• SX Member
  • Bike: '18 SX Silver
  • City / Town: Colchester,Essex
« Reply #3661 on: April 15, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »
Fit the Kawasaki Engine Sliders to my bike at the weekend, and have ordered some crankcase covers  :001:

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #3662 on: April 15, 2019, 11:24:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Azz1e [+]
Fit the Kawasaki Engine Sliders to my bike at the weekend, and have ordered some crankcase covers  :001:

Did you go for the OE covers?
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Azz1e

• SX Member
  • Bike: '18 SX Silver
  • City / Town: Colchester,Essex
« Reply #3663 on: April 15, 2019, 03:21:42 PM »
Yes Ninja - they should be turning up this week

Online KD

• SX God
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX WJF
  • City / Town: Warminster
« Reply #3664 on: April 15, 2019, 04:12:23 PM »
Drove out to the Rock Oil distributor for the south west counties :028: ... Luckily they are just a few miles away from me in Southwick and purchased 20 litres of WRX (Used to be Guardian) Semi-synth 10W-40 oil, 12 cans of 600ml chain lub and 12 cans of brake cleaner and finally a can of non-silicon spray wax to try.

After cleaning my mates SX K&N air filter a few weeks back, when I serviced his bike (after our Spain/Portugal trip last June) and found a gravel dust pile under the filter in the air box. I got concerned for mine, so popped the K&N air filter out to clean it (surprisingly it wasn't really dirty, and I hadn't noted it in my service book as being cleaned earlier).
Once dried I will re-oil and refit tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll also be doing a 3750 brake clean/inspection ...
Also I will do an oil and filter change (old school 4000 mile service).
And finally a chain clean, adjust and re-lubricate.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:14:40 PM by KD »
Regards David.

2018 Kawasaki Z1000SX WJF.
2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT.

Offline Nelix

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX.
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #3665 on: April 15, 2019, 05:49:34 PM »
Little run to Largs on the coast, only bike there which even for a Monday afternoon was very unusual. Tweaked suspension a little to try out different settings.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 05:51:22 PM by Nelix »

Offline QuantumMechanic

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000 SX Tourer
  • City / Town: Oxfordshire
« Reply #3666 on: April 16, 2019, 08:22:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic [+]
Fitted an R&G mesh exhaust guard protector
Further to this and as noted from other forum posts on this subject the bottom pop rivet isn't long enough to hold the guard in place so I've added a black allen bolt similar to the rest of the bike bolts with a wing nut on the inside where you can't really see it unless you're looking closely to hold it tight and easier to remove.  :028:
QM

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #3667 on: April 17, 2019, 07:22:36 PM »
...Crashed her!  :192:  :019:

My fault really!  :430:

Riding home from work this morning after a night shift, couple of cars ahead and I’m starting to look ahead and position myself to turn left at the upcoming roundabout, suddenly the car at the front decided they wanted to turn down a small dirt road/ drive at last minute. Suddenly breaking and turning without warning the cars in front of me and I we’re all forced to break hard and unfortunately I hadn’t left myself enough room (rookie mistake  :oh_no: ).
I went hard into the car in front, over the handlebars (destroying my nuts  :034:) head butting the car and eventually landed on my shoulder.

Everyone except the late breaking fool upfront stopped. In the que of traffic was a very kind and helpful off duty firefighter (and quite attractive lady) an off duty lady police officer (by this point I thought I’d been visited by angels  :092: ) and one of my officer paramedics!

Ambulance arrived quickly (looking after our own is one of the very few benefits of working for emergency services) and at hospital discovered that I have a fractured clavicle/collarbone in two places which is why it was so painful. Apart from that I got away with just a severely bruised groin and not to mention pride!

Bike obviously has a lot of front end damage but apart from that just a broken front brake lever, few panel scratches and scratched exhaust.

Typical biker, I’m already considering replacing exhaust with different end cans and maybe a new screen (although not damaged)

Obviously a new helmet needed, might finally treat myself to a Crutchlow replica if I can but apart from that the ambulance crew were very kind and didn’t cut my bike layers off. Although we did get some satisfaction cutting my uniform up  :164: :046: )

Bike was looked after by a kind lady who let police leave it in her front garden. My poor girl has just been delivered home now. Gotta sort out repair tomorrow but right now I’m just going to pass out on pain killers whilst watching motorcycle clips on YouTube lol
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline Teaboy

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
  • City / Town: Nth Lincolnshire
« Reply #3668 on: April 17, 2019, 07:34:43 PM »
Whoops bad luck mate hope you make a swift recovery

Offline mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #3669 on: April 17, 2019, 07:53:55 PM »
 :431: as always to read something like this. I wish you a quick recovery  :028:
2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:   :008:

expletive