Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z1000SX today?  (Read 497824 times)

Offline Arek

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tourer
  • City / Town: Wantage
Re: What did you do to your Z1000SX today?
« Reply #3100 on: April 11, 2018, 11:30:09 PM »
Changed clutch and brake lever for shorter ones.
Been at MH Racing for suspension set up - what's a difference! How the hell Kawasaki can't do that during bike prep before hand over?!?! Front was way too soft, and rear too hard.
And then washed after ride as weather still crap ....

Offline Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: XR34 and TZ350
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
« Reply #3101 on: April 12, 2018, 08:18:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Arek [+]
Changed clutch and brake lever for shorter ones.
Been at MH Racing for suspension set up - what's a difference! How the hell Kawasaki can't do that during bike prep before hand over?!?! Front was way too soft, and rear too hard.
And then washed after ride as weather still crap ....

Interesting your bike has come out set up the opposite to almost every other I have heard about (and mine was delivered).  Normally the stock kawasaki settings work out far too hard at the front and too soft at the rear.  Do you know how many clicks from fully off the rear is - for a 90 kgs rider to get static sag is  usually about 6-8 clicks from max and at the front backing off 2-3 turns.   It may be they have changed the standard settings or someone fiddled in the showroom - though this would not normally affect the front.

Rgds Steve 
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline Arek

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tourer
  • City / Town: Wantage
« Reply #3102 on: April 12, 2018, 08:32:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rocky the Dog [+]
Interesting your bike has come out set up the opposite to almost every other I have heard about (and mine was delivered).  Normally the stock kawasaki settings work out far too hard at the front and too soft at the rear.  Do you know how many clicks from fully off the rear is - for a 90 kgs rider to get static sag is  usually about 6-8 clicks from max and at the front backing off 2-3 turns.   It may be they have changed the standard settings or someone fiddled in the showroom - though this would not normally affect the front.

Rgds Steve

I'm afraid I don't know. However I have plan to do some reverse engineering later on to check settings and save them for future use.
Also I'm a "bit" heavier than you :-) and sag plus al settings were set for my weight.
Yeah. I was also surprised like those settings been done. But believe me, front was so soft that when I breaking and stopped front still waved few times. really awful feeling.
Need to do a bit more miles to be sure all is good for my ride style. I bet it will be as this guy is really professional.

Offline sooty66

• SX Pro
  • Bike: z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: knaresborough
« Reply #3103 on: April 15, 2018, 04:55:38 AM »
Finally got the 600 mile service done  :celebrate:,boy was the ride home sooooo much more fun,making me smile wider every time I ride her :001:
Once you've had black,you'll never look back

Offline survi

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2017
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
« Reply #3104 on: April 16, 2018, 12:32:46 PM »
Finally mounted USB socket charger and a automatic chain oiler WILKUJ no more dry chain in every condition :)
Z1000SX 2017 Tourer Candy Burnt Orange | Kawasaki sliders | WILKUJ automatic chain oiler | Bodyguard PPF | Ventura rack + SHAD SH58 | Full system Arrow + Scorpion Serket

Offline walmsleyr

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000sx 2017
  • City / Town: scunthorpe .uk
« Reply #3105 on: April 16, 2018, 05:20:05 PM »
fitted mounting bar to fit sat nav plate ,fitted across lower windscreen mountings.simular mod to other riders posts.

if not known at this address please return to sender.

Offline keithzx

• SX Pro
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
« Reply #3106 on: April 16, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »
a much better position for viewing , have been thinking about doing the same , whats it like when you are riding does it vibrate thanks

Offline Foxy

• SX Master
  • Bike: Black 2011 SX AB
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #3107 on: April 16, 2018, 07:45:17 PM »
I've just got back from a weekend in Wales and I used the new setup. Personally I didn't like the satnav in this position because it's more in direct sunlight and makes it more difficult to see IMHO. I've just switched it around so that my phone takes that spot and the satnav is back in the stem mount.

Offline walmsleyr

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000sx 2017
  • City / Town: scunthorpe .uk
« Reply #3108 on: April 16, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »
the high position is fine ,its not a solid vib free fit but it causes no problems in use,had to fit it there as my tank bag blocks the view. :028:

if not known at this address please return to sender.

Offline keithzx

• SX Pro
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
« Reply #3109 on: April 16, 2018, 10:09:37 PM »
At present mine is fit using the standard Kawasaki bracket.  But I have lifted up the original bracket about 40 mm so I can see it over my tank bag works fine no vibes.    Just checked my screen bracket I have the 2017 model with the 6 screw fixings don’t think it will improve on what I already have

expletive