Active Topics

Author Topic: Change clock colour  (Read 373 times)

Offline hellfire31

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000 Sx ABS
  • City / Town: warminster
Change clock colour
on: 11 Oct 21, 07:42:27
Is there a way to change the clock colour as my 2018 has a black background and white lettering. It's almost impossible to see in daylight. I have seen some with a normal background and black lettering.

Offline Fliz

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX WJF
Re: Change clock colour
Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 21, 12:09:16
This has been asked before. If you search for dash colour, there are some old posts you could read through for information that you may find useful. But I don’t think it is as easy as you may think to reverse the colours.

This is possibly the only minor bugbear I have with  my 2018 sx, especially in bright sunshine.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Offline Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 21, 06:03:08
When I looked at this it was not simple, either replace the entire unit and have its programming corrected so the mileage matches your current odometer, or you may be able to strip the entire unit down and possibly put a reverse polarizing film over the lcd unit to reverse the polarisation. (effectively applying a fancy screen protector without getting any dust, fluff or bubbles, to the lcd display)
whether or not this film could be put on the external part of the odometer without deteriorating over time by wear and weather, as well as cutting it perfectly to the shape of the odometer I do not know.

Offline hellfire31

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000 Sx ABS
  • City / Town: warminster
Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 21, 08:16:17
*Originally Posted by Scotty001 [+]
When I looked at this it was not simple, either replace the entire unit and have its programming corrected so the mileage matches your current odometer, or you may be able to strip the entire unit down and possibly put a reverse polarizing film over the lcd unit to reverse the polarisation. (effectively applying a fancy screen protector without getting any dust, fluff or bubbles, to the lcd display)
whether or not this film could be put on the external part of the odometer without deteriorating over time by wear and weather, as well as cutting it perfectly to the shape of the odometer I do not know.

Yeah...think I'll just go buy a 2022 instead. 😂😂😂

Offline ed

• SX Master
  • Bike: '17 perf tourer
  • City / Town: Derby
Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 21, 09:26:01
When the sun makes my 2017 model speedometer unreadable, I just look at the speed on the satnav. Not ideal, but I’ve got used to it now.

expletive