lew600fazer lew600fazer
3248 Posts
maccmike maccmike
2952 Posts
KD KD
2800 Posts
whyhaveone whyhaveone
2536 Posts

Author Topic: Auxiliary wires.  (Read 439 times)

Offline Scotty

• SX Member
Auxiliary wires.
on: 27 Jul 21, 08:33:51
Hi all,quick question,has anyone used the auxiliary wires at the rear of the bike,i have checked these out,it appears to be one,taillight power,one,brake light power,just wondering if anyone has used these wires to power up the lights on the top box.cheers all.

Offline Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Re: Auxiliary wires.
Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 21, 08:54:23
I wasn't aware of aux wires at the rear, but you can use the tail/ brake light feed to power the top box light / brake light as it will draw so little power , rather than cutting into the wires you can get the oem connectors and make a splitter to T off into the top box, when you remove the top box you can simply remove the T piece and connect the oem loom connectors back together. This way there is no damage, modification or chance of failure of the oem loom.

I've used this method for installing a engine braking device to my tail light so it flashes if I'm slowing under engine braking and not touching the brakes

Offline Scotty

• SX Member
Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 21, 09:15:10
Hi,I was looking at the wiring diagram, this shows the auxiliary wires,offside rear.

Offline Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 21, 09:57:04
What model year bike do you have Scotty? Are you positive that the wires aren't the diagnostic wires, one carries volts but can't be used for aux equipment.

Offline Scotty

• SX Member
Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 21, 11:12:52
My model is the WHF,2017,when I was fitting a top box rack onto one of the lads,his is the 2011,model,I noticed the wires,so I checked my bike, and it has the same wires,if you look at the wiring diagram,it shows these as auxiliary wires.

expletive