Author Topic: Helmet and wind noise  (Read 3539 times)

Offline Streak198507

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Carlisle
Re: Helmet and wind noise
Reply #20 on: 29 Aug 21, 10:41:41
*Originally Posted by tonyt4 [+]
My helmet was getting old so changed from HJC RPHA 11 (sports helmet) to their touring version of the same shell, RPHA70, and it is noisier!

Just went from a HJC IS17 to a RPHA70 carbon reple and it is way noisier, love the carbon helmet but kinda gutted ive just spent 500 quid to be deafened every time I ride and I feel it wont be long before i go back to my 100 quid 3 years old lid sadly

Offline cyanide sid

• SX Pro
Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 21, 09:43:06
Like iv'e said before  with a helmet that price you should be able to try before you buy , to end up with one that is
worse than a £100 cheepo is a disaster and I would consider taking it back and asking for my money back
and tell them its not fit for purpose . I know every helmet type and shell shape won't suit every head shape but when
laying that sort of money out they should be able to give you some sort of guarantee that its up to the job .
                  Thats it and my moan is done for the day

Offline Tedtime

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2021Ninga 1000sx
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Reply #22 on: 31 Aug 21, 10:00:28
*Originally Posted by cyanide sid [+]
Like iv'e said before  with a helmet that price you should be able to try before you buy , to end up with one that is
worse than a £100 cheepo is a disaster and I would consider taking it back and asking for my money back
and tell them its not fit for purpose . I know every helmet type and shell shape won't suit every head shape but when
laying that sort of money out they should be able to give you some sort of guarantee that its up to the job .
                  Thats it and my moan is done for the day

Totally agree, however, i did sort of try before buy, went out for a quick ride as I live quite close to a nice fast dual carriageway and a few twisties, just a 4-mile route but soon know if not any good for the bike, rider, etc. made sure no marks, stickers back on and no different to sitting at home for the few hours they recommend, in fact, better! as sitting at home head will sweat so a quick blast for 10 mins is far better. I've settled on a Shoei GT Air 2 not the best areo wise but fits me, best aero and quietest for my height and fairing screen mix was th3e Schuberth but not a comfy fit after 10 mins wearing
Kawasaki virgin

Offline Tedtime

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2021Ninga 1000sx
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Reply #23 on: 31 Aug 21, 10:03:09
*Originally Posted by Streak198507 [+]
Just went from a HJC IS17 to a RPHA70 carbon reple and it is way noisier, love the carbon helmet but kinda gutted ive just spent 500 quid to be deafened every time I ride and I feel it wont be long before i go back to my 100 quid 3 years old lid sadly
Carbon maybe lighter but ALL come with a noise issue as its the nature of the material, the Rpha 70 noncarbon is quieter but the vents are useless especially for those who wear glasses , hope you managed to send it back, sportbike shop are fantastic if have issues
Kawasaki virgin

Offline stewartlittle46

• SX Junior
  • Bike: z1000sx
  • City / Town: Invergowrie
Reply #24 on: 15 Oct 21, 05:30:29
I found exactly the same on my 2018 bike. Puig screen helped hugely. It looks really similar to my eyes, but it definitely helped reduce the noise. I'm 6 feet tall with a fairly new Shoei helmet. Everything I read about the bike before I bought it was spot on. Changed the screen, tyres (Michelin Road 5's) and bought a Sargent seat. Next up is a professional suspension set up. Then she should be perfect.

expletive