Active Topics

Author Topic: V-stream screen  (Read 582 times)

Offline Captainslow

• SX Junior
V-stream screen
on: 15 Apr 21, 08:41:50
Hi

Has anybody tried a v- stream screen, I have seen them on eBay, German I think not cheap about £170.

It’s designed to put the air flow more round you.

Many thanks

Nick

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Re: V-stream screen
Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 21, 08:58:20
i had  the v stream screen on my bmw 1600 gt , what a difference , no wind at all don' t know what it is like on the sx though,

Offline Captainslow

• SX Junior
Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 21, 09:36:22
Hi

So might be worth a try as it seems from reviews in riding magazine found no much difference between the seven they tried and the stock....

Offline 43mhr

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx 2019
  • City / Town: Rushcliffe
Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 21, 09:45:15
I bought a V-Stream having found the stock screen and then a  Puig touring scheme fairly useless. The V-Stream is a great improvement, but not perfect.  It does not enhance the appearance of a Z1000sx!

Online Timmy_Biker

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SXtour
  • City / Town: Devon
Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 21, 11:20:50
*Originally Posted by Captainslow [+]
Hi

Has anybody tried a v- stream screen, I have seen them on eBay, German I think not cheap about £170.

It’s designed to put the air flow more round you.

Many thanks

Nick
Hi Nick,
What year bike have you?
I haven't tried a V-stream on my 2016 SX but i have a mate who comes out on his SX who has one. He has the Puig and the V-stream screen, but mostly uses the Puig. He said they are both quite good, but the Puig was a little better at higher speeds (80-90mph). At cruising (65-75mph) he reckons the V-stream is better. But then he is a little shorter than me. I am 5ft 9inch. He must be 5ft 6inch? or close.

I have been trying to decide on another screen for long distances, as i have an MRA tinted one. The MRA is pretty good and a fair bit better than the OEM one, but i would like something better for high speed buffeting.
Note, the V-stream pictures that they show do show it in a rather good light, if you get my meaning! If you are considering a V-stream, i would suggest looking at one in the flesh. I only say that because they do look quite different! Its all personal choice at the end of the day.
See if anyone on this forum has one they could take a pic of? I cant help with that at the moment as my mate is away on business for a while.
Whatever your choice, good luck.
Last Edit: 16 Apr 21, 11:24:48 by Timmy_Biker

expletive