Active Topics

Author Topic: Non fault in a car  (Read 685 times)

Offline Fluff

• SX Member
  • Bike: Red SX
Non fault in a car
on: 31 Mar 21, 12:16:27
Does anyone know if I need to declare a non fault accident in a car on my motorbike quote, (when they ask any accidents or claims within last 5 years) I know I’ll have to say yes on further car insurance just wonder if it carries over to my Z  :164:

Offline MattR

• Administrator
  • SX Master
Re: Non fault in a car
Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 21, 12:30:32
Devitt says yes unfortunately.

Scroll down to section called:  "Previous Claims, Convictions and No Claims Bonus" on this link:

https://www.devittinsurance.com/guides/insurance-guide/what-you-need-to-know-about-motorbike-insurance/

Quote:

"When asked for previous accidents, thefts and claims, insurers want to know of any instance within the last 5 years, where you or any other rider you want covered have been involved in. To be clear for you, this means regardless of fault and regardless of what vehicle was involved, be it a car, van, bike etc."

I would imagine this applies to all insurers.

:006:

Offline Fliz

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX WJF
Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 21, 01:09:13
+1 definitely yes you need to declare.

I have had a non fault accident in a car, I asked the same questions. However it has never affected my insurance premium over the last 3 years.

Offline Fluff

• SX Member
  • Bike: Red SX
Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 21, 02:21:58
Thanks guys, appreciate the answers :828:

Offline Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 21, 02:42:46
Yeah they will certainly take faults / non fault claims from a car and factor it it into your bike insurance but like #&>@ they will take no claims discount history from a car and attribute it to your bike insurance (or vice verca for both)

I had a nice long "discussion" with a insurance sales rep on this very matter, they couldn't answer why one that benefitted them was OK and a very much related factor, and one that benefitted the customer was in their eyes a completely different and un related factor, that in no way would be considered because it was on a completely different class of vehicle.
They didn't seem to understand the contradiction.
I tried to ask if they herd the phrase what's good for the goose is good for the gander and suggested their company Google it (its not the sales reps fault they are just doing what the company demands)
The response was that's not how insurance works
(no $#1+)
Last Edit: 31 Mar 21, 02:48:18 by Scotty001

Offline plodgeman

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2012SX
Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 21, 08:44:29
*Originally Posted by Scotty001 [+]

I tried to ask if they herd the phrase what's good for the goose is good for the gander and suggested their company Google it (its not the sales reps fault they are just doing what the company demands)
The response was that's not how insurance works
(no $#1+)

Have you heard the other one? Do as I say, not as I do. I am currently talking to four brick walls in my lounge…

Insurance brokers/companies have no interest other to themselves and their underwriters. Watch the Lloyds members bitch and demand government bail-outs when disasters occur. Then watch them sit back and pi** themselves laughing when they make huge profits.

They are effectively the house in a game of roulette.

Legalised thievery.  :211: