Active Topics

Author Topic: lines + master cylinder on ninja 1000 sx  (Read 630 times)

Offline taurozzo

• SX Junior
Hello everyone! I recently swapped my 2018 z1000sx to a beautiful ninja 1000 sx 2020.
I am slowly bringing all the mods made on the old one to the new bike. I have to mount a brembo rcs19 master cylinder + braided lines.
on the old bike I did the work myself, do you know if the ninja needs the dealer to bleed the abs or is it like the ZED (normal bleeding procedure)
thanks in advance!

Online EvilRacer329

• SX Member
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: lines + master cylinder on ninja 1000 sx
Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 21, 10:21:01
Interesting, I'm reasonably pleased with the brakes on my new Ninja but I've ridden Ducatis and the like with all-Brembo gear that were eye-popping. How big of a difference are you noticing between your old bike with lines and master cylinder vs your new Ninja?

Nick

Offline aderoberts

• SX Member
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: Wombourne
Re: lines + master cylinder on ninja 1000 sx
Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 21, 11:24:24
*Originally Posted by taurozzo [+]
Hello everyone! I recently swapped my 2018 z1000sx to a beautiful ninja 1000 sx 2020.
I am slowly bringing all the mods made on the old one to the new bike. I have to mount a brembo rcs19 master cylinder + braided lines.
on the old bike I did the work myself, do you know if the ninja needs the dealer to bleed the abs or is it like the ZED (normal bleeding procedure)
thanks in advance!
Additional related question if allowed please- has there been any significant changes with the brake lines on the 2020 model compared to earlier models- asking as I wish to upgrade to braided lines on my 21 plate and HEL are unsure?
Cheers, Ade