Active Topics

Author Topic: Wanted: Pro-race GP-S1 slipons  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Brian675

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2019 ZX1000
  • City / Town: Mission
Re: Wanted: Pro-race GP-S1 slipons
Reply #10 on: 10 Dec 20, 05:39:11
*Originally Posted by benhen [+]
For a proper exhaust, sure, money can be spent (although I also think the akros are a rip off. A grand for an exhaust! Are they making it out of diamonds?)!

But for a 6" piece of pipe with absolutely nothing in it? If it had the word 'water outlet' on the box, it'd be about a tenner!

With the greatest respect to a total stranger....bollocks. Its stainless steel, with multi diameter tubing beautifully welded together, that fits the pipes exactly, looks great and saves some weight. Let me know when you've made a set and I'll send a tenner over to you.

Online keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Reply #11 on: 04 Feb 21, 03:27:03
totally agree these come in stainless steeel or titanium , made to the exact size to fit your stock pipe from your bike  complete with the quality exhaust clamp and as already said tig welded to a good standard  if the currently £84.99 + postage from gp pro race , were they make them that is for one for the 2020 model ,

Offline benhen

• SX Member
Reply #12 on: 04 Feb 21, 03:39:28
Fair enough, I do concede they are nicely made and worth more than a tenner.
Currently £150 for my 2019 model.

My admittedly arbitrary internal 'that seems right' gauge reckons these should be around £100 for a pair. Everyone's gauge is calibrated different.

Offline Zoso

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2019
  • City / Town: Bolton
Reply #13 on: 18 Feb 21, 01:11:48
Benhen
Just buy them !!
Bought mine off the ProRace ebay store on a discount day which they have occasionally.
Compared to Yoshi's etc they're really cheap,and really nicely made.
They sound brilliant especially on overun
No complaints whatsoever.
Check my other posts for a pic 

Offline BubbaGump

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2018 sx
  • City / Town: Auckland
Reply #14 on: 21 Feb 21, 03:26:56
Hi all, I've got the polished stainless slash cuts on my sx and love them. Met a guy on a ride today  whose on his third set of black ones due to the welds failing and the cans falling off. He said that pro race had been really good to deal with and sent replacements to NZ. Maybe worth checking the welds if you've got the black ones cause they've obviously had a dodgy batch.

Offline benhen

• SX Member
Reply #15 on: 21 Feb 21, 08:13:45
Good to know, thanks.

I picked up a pair of the satin finish ones (£75!) and popped an aftermarket baffle in them just to temper the volume a little (have to be comfortably below 105db for work).

Seem great so far!

Offline 21032021

• Ex Member
  • SX Pro
Reply #16 on: 21 Feb 21, 08:30:56
*Originally Posted by BubbaGump [+]
Hi all, I've got the polished stainless slash cuts on my sx and love them. Met a guy on a ride today  whose on his third set of black ones due to the welds failing and the cans falling off. He said that pro race had been really good to deal with and sent replacements to NZ. Maybe worth checking the welds if you've got the black ones cause they've obviously had a dodgy batch.

Well I wasn't going to mention this as I bought mine second or third hand and had no knowledge of their earlier life, but I had the same problem.
The nearside did it twice, on different welds. Luckily I spotted it each time before I lost the can completely.
I just took it to a local fabricator and they sorted it.

expletive