Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Service Costs  (Read 102461 times)

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Service Costs
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2019, 08:19:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by teapot [+]
Use an independent one I was told as long as they use genuine Kawasaki parts then warranty will not be affected? 6month service independent 12month Kawasaki. and will stamp service book
You can use any motorcycle workshop as long as they use parts that are ‘as good’, they do not have to be genuine Kawasaki parts.

There was a test case few years back, think it was against BMW, who would not honour a warranty of a car that had been serviced by Halfords.. BMW lost... and that ended then any company holding you hostage to their OE parts.

It must be parts that are ‘as good’ not cheap junk
KawaSeXy

Offline Swansea Jack

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX(2018)
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2019, 08:30:50 AM »
Yeah but the 6 month does not require any parts in my service book. Look at it for a fee or invalidate warranty ....hmmmm. Would seem the brake check is a smoke screen for this myster ious 'emissions check' whatever that may be! I could look at it free  :038: Will ask and see what they say.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 08:34:42 AM by Swansea Jack »

Offline nimmz

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000sx orange
  • City / Town: Devon
« Reply #372 on: January 05, 2019, 10:18:56 AM »
When I asked my local dealer they didn’t know the price as “nobody bothers with that service” but if you really want it done call it 45 minutes labour. Mine is now just out of warranty so won’t be seeing a dealer again, and a good local independent when it’s time for valve clearances.