Active Topics

Author Topic: Advice needed please...  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Brian675

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2019 ZX1000
  • City / Town: Mission
Re: Advice needed please...
Reply #10 on: 21 Sep 20, 04:32:40
Just a small thing, but many times I see that levers are set too high and this causes a slight flex at the wrists that can put pressure on both the radial and ulnar nerves causing pins and needles. Please try to rotate the levers down so that when your hands are on the bars and you are sitting on the bike, the hands are in line with the forearms allowing no flex at the wrist. Hope this helps

Offline Dartagnan

• SX Pro
Reply #11 on: 23 Sep 20, 06:50:39
Brian675.
A lot of people don't realise the importance of having the top of the hands inline with the lower arm to keep stress off the ligaments....
But I found on my 2015 the  clutch won't swivel down quite far enough.
Also the first thing I noticed when I got on mine was that the angle of the bars leave your wrists twisted left/ right slightly from a more natural position.

Offline Brian675

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2019 ZX1000
  • City / Town: Mission
Reply #12 on: 24 Sep 20, 02:05:34
That's totally correct re the angle of the bars as it was noted in BIKE, as they commented on the weird lateral flex it puts on your hands, likely to the ulna nerve as well

Offline Dartagnan

• SX Pro
Reply #13 on: 24 Sep 20, 09:56:41
Brainy675.
Do you think a blame and claim would add ££££s to my empty wallet?

Offline SxMark

• SX Junior
Reply #14 on: 24 Sep 20, 10:09:00
Interesting read.  I've owned many many bikes over the years and in my late 20s I switched from race reps to muscle bikes due to the pain I had in my wrists (doesn't help being over 6ft).

Since the swap I've never had an issue when riding sit up and beg bikes.

Then I built a couple of streetfighters and some choppers, owned a few big cc  KTM supermotos and again absolutely no issues with wrist pain, lack of circulation etc until the Z1000sx.

So, as previously stated, I've ordered the top yoke conversion, I'll fit that once it arrives from Germany and I'm hoping that it will sort out the issue? If not, the bike will get put back to standard and sold.

Offline SxMark

• SX Junior
Reply #15 on: 24 Sep 20, 10:10:18
*Originally Posted by Brian675 [+]
That's totally correct re the angle of the bars as it was noted in BIKE, as they commented on the weird lateral flex it puts on your hands, likely to the ulna nerve as well

I don't suppose you have a link to the article?

expletive