Active Topics

Author Topic: Go Pro  (Read 368 times)

Offline Essex Blue

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Ninja
Go Pro
on: 13 Sep 20, 01:47:09
I’ve got a go pro and just wondered where you guy mount yours.

Mine is currently on my helmet but battery runs flat and only get half the ride.

My bike is the 2020 ninja with aux socket which I will use to keep constant power to the camera

Only place I can really see is the mirrors / handlebars

Offline NinjaSquared2

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2017
  • City / Town: Battersea
Re: Go Pro
Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 20, 03:33:01

I put mine on the LHS mirror stalk mounted on a ball and socket joint, allows for adjusting the angle a little better and also charge the abysmal battery on the gopro

Offline Essex Blue

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Ninja
Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 20, 12:15:12
That’s where I was thinking of too and yes the battery is really poor on the go pro

Offline Peterbennetive

• SX Pro
  • Bike: SX, 10R & ZXR750
  • City / Town: Benfleet, Essex
Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 20, 03:19:19
I always used the cheap Chinese version until l come across the blyskysea system. Great piece of kit wired to my back lights. It records front and rear at the same time just by turning the ignition on. I have them fitted to both my zx10r and sx. I forgot what a pain in the ar**e the go pro type are. When for a ride the weekend on my zxr which the only bike with the go pro type, as l only use this occasionally. The battery went flat halfway on the outward journey and although l swapped the battery and turned it on for the return, l forgot to push record. I think at just over a 100 quid, l might get one for the zxr.

Offline Brian675

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2019 ZX1000
  • City / Town: Mission
Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 20, 04:03:41
I have a helmet mount as well as a mount centrally on the screen. i have the Hero 7 and find that it is simple enough to charge as I ride but I agree that some replacement batteries are rubbish, but branded GoPro batteries seem to have good lasting power. Mind you I mostly use it as an on/off system, only recording for intervals.