Active Topics

Author Topic: motorcycle denim jeans  (Read 6757 times)

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Re: motorcycle denim jeans
Reply #30 on: 02 Aug 20, 08:35:45
let me know what you think ,you would need to order a waist size down if mine were anything to go by , if you contact the seller he is very approachable if you have a problem , like i said i ordered a 38 they were massive on me , the advert actually says they are a big fit .

Offline Def@st

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000SX - my'14
  • City / Town: Modena
Reply #31 on: 04 Aug 20, 04:56:14
My 2 cents

If you are still looking for a pair of motorcycle jeans, take a look at this product made in Italy

https://www.pmj.it/en/prodotti/titanium-in-denim/

The ProMoJeans make different models, the Titanium is the most protective of the range.

I can't review it, i just look at it at the shop and looks nice but a little heavy for summer riding over 30°C.

Offline Essex Blue

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Ninja
Reply #32 on: 04 Aug 20, 06:42:05
*Originally Posted by Def@st [+]
My 2 cents

If you are still looking for a pair of motorcycle jeans, take a look at this product made in Italy

https://www.pmj.it/en/prodotti/titanium-in-denim/

The ProMoJeans make different models, the Titanium is the most protective of the range.

I can't review it, i just look at it at the shop and looks nice but a little heavy for summer riding over 30°C.

Thank you but bit pricey at 350 euros

Offline Essex Blue

• SX Pro
Reply #33 on: 05 Aug 20, 11:03:52
New jeans came today and seem pretty good value for £40

Just be aware sizes are one size up so a 34 is more like a 36 but quality seems very good for the price

Offline stevo

• SX Master
  • Bike: XSR900 & T120
  • City / Town: West Wittering
Reply #34 on: 06 Aug 20, 10:00:30
I know people are thinking it... so i'll be the one and say it... £40!  :006:  Are you they will hold up? That's putting a lot of faith in a product. (however, if they were discounted down from £140 then, yes, well done. But if that's the RRP I'd be a little concerned. Do they have a recognised UK or EU safety rating?

You never know, stranger things have happened!

Steve

Offline chich

• SX Junior
Reply #35 on: 06 Aug 20, 05:01:22

Really interesting article. I bought a pair of Rukka jeans given their slide time rating. Seem very comfortable and much lighter than my Resurgence Voyagers which weight a ton (but are great in winter as they are totally windproof). It's good to have choice and an option to have the right gear for the right riding conditions.

Offline Essex Blue

• SX Pro
Reply #36 on: 06 Aug 20, 06:40:51
I will check the labels later but they have loads of extra stitching especially around the belt loops etc. These are not single layer jeans and have plenty of Kevlar in all the vulnerable areas.

Only thing missing are knee sliders but extra Kevlar in these areas.

For normal riding there seem pretty decent

Offline whyhaveone

• SX God
  • Bike: 2020 Ninja1000SX
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #37 on: 06 Aug 20, 11:37:19
Would you wear leather jeans that were only partly leather, with the rest denim? No!

Same for Kevlar jeans, unless fully lined I'd not touch them unless I was riding something for in town commuting only.
Kawasaki: 1975 250-S1C; 1977 Z650-B1; 1980 Z1000 MKII A3; 2011 ER6n; 2013 Z1000SX ABS; 2016 Z1000SX ABS Tourer, 2020 Ninja 1000SX Performance Tourer.

Offline kellyboy

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2014 Z1000sx abs
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
Reply #38 on: 16 Aug 20, 09:42:51
A riding buddy of mine bought these(after buying the Hood jeans which he found too warm for our summer months).
https://roadskin.co.uk/
He really rates them for comfort in hot weather and according to all the burb, are very protective.