Active Topics

Author Topic: Risers- More of a Tourer  (Read 2494 times)

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Re: Risers- More of a Tourer
Reply #20 on: 03 Aug 20, 06:53:17
*Originally Posted by Blackie [+]
I've briefly considered it, not sure how it would affect the brake pedal. The gear lever, i suppose you just alter the lever on the splines to reposition it after you have fitted the lower pegs, but the brake lever? if anyone has any comments I'd like to hear them. I would imagine that, if you fitted the lower pegs- and didn't alter the brake lever position, then wouldn't it be a bit of a strain reaching or arching your ankle to reach the brake?. I will certainly look into it, after all, some of us could do with the extra leg room, the lowered pegs would offer. Then theres the ground clearance issue? would they affect cornering?.I've never had any lowered pegs before on any bike so my info on them is limited. I definitely like the idea though, thanks for mentioning them,

i had the chinese lowered pegs on my zzr 1400's , my sx 1000, and my sx h2 se (the same ones fit all) easily adjust your gear lever with the adjuster , also adjust your rear brake pedal , you dont get a massive adjustment from the brake pedal ,but you can get a different adaptor to give you more adjustment , totally transformed those bikes for me , ground clearance isnt an issue you can lower the pegs a good 40 mm , and the bottom of the pedal is more or less at the same point of the stock pedal, (stock pedal is very thick) , you do have to toe in slightly to hit the brake and grr lever , but does not take long to get used to it , never needed them on my 2020 model yet but still have them incase, think if i do change them again i would buy a second hand brake and gear lever , and increase the crank on them to save the toeing in,

Offline Blackie

• SX Member
  • Bike: 17 Black Z1000sx
  • City / Town: NY Moors
Reply #21 on: 04 Aug 20, 09:07:31
Thanks Keith for that, I'll look online and see what's avaiable.

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
Reply #22 on: 11 Aug 20, 09:07:28
anyone fitted these risers to the 2020 model with the heated grips , i maybe wrong but doesn't look like the cables would be long enough ??? any videos of someone actually fitting these to the bike , the video doesn.t actually show you the fitting of them   

Offline Blackie

• SX Member
Reply #23 on: 12 Aug 20, 09:13:22
I take it you mean the 2020 Kawasaki OEM fitted heated grips?. Why not get in touch with Moto CNC and ask if you can buy them, to try and if they are no good, get your money back?, better still,correct me if I'm wrong but i think they are based a stones throw away from South Shields at Peterlee, phone them up and ask if you can visit.

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
Reply #24 on: 12 Aug 20, 09:21:18
Not that far from  me but don’t want to pull apart A new bike if they don’t fit

Offline Blackie

• SX Member
Reply #25 on: 12 Aug 20, 09:33:47
I understand, You may (possibly) also invalidate your warranty by fitting them

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Reply #26 on: 12 Aug 20, 01:52:26
Ok, at the risk of alienating a couple of members, which I have no wish to do, keithzx, I would hardly class slackening a couple of bolts as pulling the bike apart, and Blackie, why would fitting bar risers affect the warranty??

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
Reply #27 on: 12 Aug 20, 02:31:07
no its not pulling the bike apart , but  you still have to pull off the bars that i am not too sure will lift off high enough because of the cable. could quite easily damage something ,

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Reply #28 on: 12 Aug 20, 03:56:38
Ok keith, I see where you're coming from.
My bike is a 2019 and does not have heated grips but the fitting of the bar risers was a very quick and simple job with plenty of slack on all the cables. If you're still unsure I would probably take Blackies advice and pop over to Moto CNC as it's quite local to you.
Last Edit: 12 Aug 20, 03:58:24 by yorkie

Offline Blackie

• SX Member
Reply #29 on: 12 Aug 20, 08:02:35
Yorkie. Some dealers (IMHO) like any excuse to avoid warranty claims ( should Keith just go ahead and fit the risers and then for some other reason he has to visit the dealer to sort out, say an engine problem under warranty, they might say its now not a standard bike)

Its a brand new bike, Keith is rightly concerned, but I would have a word with the dealer who sold you the bike and ask them if fitting the risers might invalidate the warranty and then talk to the riser firm.

expletive