Active Topics

Author Topic: Does anyone have similar chicken strips as mine?  (Read 684 times)

Offline Botic1000

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000sx 2019
  • City / Town: Belgrade
Got new michelin road 5 tires on my z1000sx and love them, excelent for touring and going fast in turns. Got about 1900km on them. My chicken strips are not even, any one have similar chicken strips. I havnt changed my riding position nor did i fiddle with the suspension. Anyone have a suggestion? Been riding for 17 years, never had this much uneven tire wear before.

Online Mr NSB

• SX Master
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • City / Town: Andover
It is not uneven wear the it is probably deflection of the tyre causing the marking. When you get it over a bit more and scrub the edge it will look more even. You gotta try harder :038: :001:

Offline KGC

• SX Member
Having watched the Dave Moss suspension tune up video, which is on one of the suspension sub-forum posts, perhaps the rear is a bit soft. Does it wallow or squirm in quick bends. I had similar but not as pronounced markings, it felt it squirm in a quick bend, so firmed mine up and it seems better around 60 mph on a local 90 sweeping curve, which cambers in and feels safe and easy to get onto the side of the tyre.

Offline Botic1000

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000sx 2019
  • City / Town: Belgrade
*Originally Posted by KGC [+]
Having watched the Dave Moss suspension tune up video, which is on one of the suspension sub-forum posts, perhaps the rear is a bit soft. Does it wallow or squirm in quick bends. I had similar but not as pronounced markings, it felt it squirm in a quick bend, so firmed mine up and it seems better around 60 mph on a local 90 sweeping curve, which cambers in and feels safe and easy to get onto the side of the tyre.
Thats what i was thinking, thanks for answering, i just watched the Dave Moss video and the guys tire is just like mine. It does squirm a bit, but nothing that scares me but i think you are right, iam going to take it and have my suspension adjusted. Thanks allot mate, drive fast and safe friend.

Offline ooooo

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX & CRF250
  • City / Town: Bolton
Lean it over more and the strips disappear 😂

Offline aljaxon

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2018
  • City / Town: hull
cheat like i do now and then.
lean the other way when going round bends and push the bike under you.
you can do this going in a straight line and the bike leans over quite a bit but still going forwards.

the more you hang off the bike knee down the less the bike has to lean.
so lean the other way.
you do actually feel more upright and less scarier as your head/elbow/knee isnt grazing the tarmac.

(not that that ever happens to me lol)
Z1000SX 2018
ZX9R 1998
RD350A 1974
PUCH M50 SPORTS
PALOMA D.A.S.L

Offline ian

• SX Pro
you could always think of them as safety margins

I'll get my coat... :745:

Offline Robz1000sx

• SX Master