Active Topics

Author Topic: Re-open EU  (Read 559 times)

Offline CraigZ

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Kent
Re-open EU
on: 18 Jun 20, 05:16:28
FYI, Official EU travel info:

https://reopen.europa.eu/en

Offline DDHughes

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 2014 in Green
  • City / Town: South Yorkshire
Re: Re-open EU
Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 20, 05:53:50

Just be aware that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) still advise British national against all, but essential, travel. Yes you can get there, (face coverings on the ferry) but you will have no valid travel insurance until this FCO advice is lifted.

The Gov website states that this advice is under constant review, though. . . . . 

Offline Mr NSB

• SX Master
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 20, 08:21:10
You might get there but under current restrictions won’t you have to isolate for 14 days on your return?

Offline vanquishride

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2018
  • City / Town: Ellesmere Port
Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 20, 08:34:42
Yes, but how long is that going to last for? I doubt quarantine will be in place at the end of July

Online deegee745

• SX Junior
  • City / Town: Renfrew
Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 20, 09:10:21
I believe the 14 day quarantine period is being reviewed at the UK’s next review on the 29th June.

Indications are it will be relaxed or withdrawn.

Offline Jamesforclaire

• SX Member
Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 20, 10:29:24
The NHS are ordering vast amounts of PPE in anticipation of a peak in September....I hope they’ve got it wrong

Offline whyhaveone

• SX God
  • Bike: 2020 Ninja1000SX
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 20, 09:51:08
*Originally Posted by DDHughes [+]
Just be aware that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) still advise British national against all, but essential, travel. Yes you can get there, (face coverings on the ferry) but you will have no valid travel insurance until this FCO advice is lifted.

Irrelevant of any other restrictions, this is what is most important.
Kawasaki: 1975 250-S1C; 1977 Z650-B1; 1980 Z1000 MKII A3; 2011 ER6n; 2013 Z1000SX ABS; 2016 Z1000SX ABS Tourer, 2020 Ninja 1000SX Performance Tourer.

Offline vanquishride

• SX Member
Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 20, 10:11:27
*Originally Posted by Jamesforclaire [+]
The NHS are ordering vast amounts of PPE in anticipation of a peak in September....I hope they’ve got it wrong

Everyone is trying to replenish the emergency stocks they had in February and bring them up to the stock levels they probably should have had anyway. I think the stock levels reflected the thinking of 2 million pairs of rubber gloves is a lot. Without then thinking how many pairs would be used by one person each day when dealing with multiple patients. They also never anticipated a global supply disruption. The new stock levels benefit from hindsight.

We will not nationally lockdown again. It simply cannot be financed by any country twice. Sweden took a choice and have agreed to live with the consequences. All the other governments will follow that model at some point.

Offline CraigZ

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 20, 09:00:19
*Originally Posted by DDHughes [+]

The Gov website states that this advice is under constant review, though. . . . .

This prompted me to check with my Travel Insurance provider, thank you.

Only CoronaVirus related issues (health care, hospitalisation, repatriation, etc.) are not covered, all other cover remains in effect.

Offline vanquishride

• SX Member
Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 20, 06:04:36
Looks like quarantine will be lifted next week anyway

expletive