lew600fazer lew600fazer
3248 Posts
maccmike maccmike
2942 Posts
KD KD
2767 Posts
burty
2357 Posts

Author Topic: Indicators not working  (Read 423 times)

Offline SyMc75

• SX Junior
Indicators not working
on: 09 Jun 20, 09:32:25
I’ve a 2014 bike
Yesterday I took it to an approved Kawasaki dealership to have the Shad top box rails fitted ( the one that allow the side panniers to be used also)

I Collected bike close to closing time and the dealer / mechanic pointed out that the wiring at the rear of bike had been doctored presumably to shorten it by previous owner to fit a tail tidy.
Whilst  riding home my mate noticed the indicators both front and rear were not illuminating.
I’ve checked and repacked  the fuse and all is fine.
The wiring appears to all be connected.
The right indicator works intermittently now however still not working on left side or hazard warning / 4 way indicators

I will be taking it back to dealer as all was working fine prior to work being carried out
I’m just asking advice on what may be causing this to cover the dealer stating the wires should not have been tampered with and charge me when maybe it’s a simple solution.

Offline Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Re: Indicators not working
Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 20, 10:11:38
Normally I would say if you have a mix of led and "normal" indicators hazards won't work if you still have the standard indicator relay and sometimes the front and rear may do the same thing.

But you say they all worked fine prior and now one side not working, hazards not working and one side intermittant.

Check all connections are pushed in tight (located under riders seat on rhs (as sat on the bike) if the fuse is all good the only other thing is a cable has been broken (or was already broken and any moving of them has disturbed what connection there was)

You can get aftermarket oem indicator connectors with bullet connectors for plugging in after marked indicators to the bikes loom (negates the need to cut the wiring loom up) , but if the break in wires is on the indicator side its either a repair ore replacement  indicator.

Ideally a pic of the indicator wiring would be best, especially of any joins in the wiring.

Offline TheGreyMan

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx, SMC660
  • City / Town: Romford
Re: Indicators not working
Reply #2 on: 03 Jul 20, 12:17:26
*Originally Posted by SyMc75 [+]
I’ve a 2014 bike
Yesterday I took it to an approved Kawasaki dealership to have the Shad top box rails fitted ( the one that allow the side panniers to be used also)

I Collected bike close to closing time and the dealer / mechanic pointed out that the wiring at the rear of bike had been doctored presumably to shorten it by previous owner to fit a tail tidy.
Whilst  riding home my mate noticed the indicators both front and rear were not illuminating.
I’ve checked and repacked  the fuse and all is fine.
The wiring appears to all be connected.
The right indicator works intermittently now however still not working on left side or hazard warning / 4 way indicators

I will be taking it back to dealer as all was working fine prior to work being carried out
I’m just asking advice on what may be causing this to cover the dealer stating the wires should not have been tampered with and charge me when maybe it’s a simple solution.

I have just done exactly this last night now none of my indicators or hazards work.. did you find out what caused this? Tia
Always be the grey man.