Active Topics

Author Topic: Where are the best deals on a new SX  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Mr NSB

• SX Master
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • City / Town: Andover
Where are the best deals on a new SX
on: 28 May 20, 09:40:28
I booked my 2018 in for it's 7.6k service yesterday and the salesman answered the phone and tried to sell me a new bike. This has got me thinking about changing, maybe not seriously unless the deal is good.

I have been offered £6750 for mine and they will give me £650 off a new grey SX. When I bought my current bike I got £1000 off and a £750 contribution from Kawasaki so maybe this isn't a good time to change. This is with Daytona in Ruislip Manor.

I have tried Motorcycles direct and they couldn't match or beat Daytona's offer, though they did offer to throw in the touring kit foc but I don't want that.

Anybody who is looking or has recently done a deal would you mind sharing.

Offline Nelix

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX.
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Where are the best deals on a new SX
Reply #1 on: 28 May 20, 10:12:10
I sold the panniers from my new 2019 day after I picked it up for £500. Factor that in.

As to the dealers offer, that is a starting point. If you want the bike tell them what they have to do to sell you it. I.e ask for more off, or 2 years free servicing etc.

Car and bike dealers are desperate to sell now.

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Reply #2 on: 28 May 20, 12:32:56
I bought my last bike from Daytona in London, at the time no one could match them for my sx h2 se , also got the four years warranty thrown in, if you can get the touring pack thrown in go for it , the seat screen and heated grips do make a difference , the reason I got my last bike from London was that I  contact just about   all of  the main dealers  and see what deal I can strike , keep trying there hand as it is a buyers market at present they will be after as much trade as they can get as they must have been very very quiet due to the lockdown,  Daytona could not match the deal on my new 2020 sx .that is why I went with autorama they took my sx h2 away and delivered my new z 1000 sx tourer , no problems , like I say try them all if you don't want to ride down to collect from some were get it delivered , I dealt with brian  from autorama  for me new 2020 sx . genuine salesman I know he is taking calls at the moment as I have spoke to him  , give him a try nothing to loose , mention I  recommended him ,   

Offline John chamney

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Cosby Leicester
Reply #3 on: 30 May 20, 12:15:20
Iam looking at a 2020 model also thinking dealers would be struggling and eager to do a deal , I also thought there might be some interest free deals going like there was when I bought my 2017 sx from motorcycles direct . The response I got from a dealership in Derby was that Kawasaki are now putting their staff on furlough  :oh_no: no more ninja sx bikes would be imported this year ! And because of this there would be a shortage and no need to discount or offer any sort of 0% interest free incentives! .
Last Edit: 30 May 20, 12:16:51 by John chamney

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Reply #4 on: 30 May 20, 06:14:28
That’s always the case with a new model and there is a shortage of the new 2020 models  I  was lucky to get mine just when the lockdown started.  Like I said before I find the best way is to phone around the uk dealers to get the best deal that suites you they will still want to sell as many bikes as they can   You  will have to see if any of the dealers have any 2020 bikes left in stock they will be hard to come by 

Offline Essex Blue

• SX Member
  • Bike: Ninja
Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 20, 11:56:44
I have been offered the black and green one for 10650 which I thought is a pretty decent offer without having to haggle

Offline John chamney

• SX Pro
Reply #6 on: 02 Jun 20, 12:29:53
Is that the box standard version , Iam after the tourer , price I have been given is £11600 that was for a green one they had , however iam after the white one . Need to see how work comes back first though , when Iam in a position to buy I will put it on here to see if anyone else is interested in doing a multi buy ,got to get a better discount that way

Offline boldie

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Ninja 1000SX
Reply #7 on: 02 Jun 20, 09:56:31
The bike is excellent value for money in my opinion even at RRP, but it’s always nice to feel that you’ve got a deal.

Possibly bigger discounts to be had later on in the year, but for me I only use a bike in fair weather, waiting till the end of year means I would have had it sitting around for 6 months over winter and subsequent loss of warranty and value which wouldn’t have made much sense other than to convince myself it was a good purchase price, but not a great purchasing decision in all honesty.

I’d of paid RRP and still of been delighted. 
Last Edit: 02 Jun 20, 10:15:58 by boldie

Offline John chamney

• SX Pro
Reply #8 on: 04 Jun 20, 05:57:42
Bike is now at £11200 for the tourer in white , still need to keep the hatches battened down till work gets better  :003:

Offline Essex Blue

• SX Member
  • Bike: Ninja
Reply #9 on: 05 Jun 20, 12:19:06
£10,999 now for the touring version