Active Topics

Author Topic: What to do with oem exhaust system  (Read 810 times)

Offline John chamney

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Cosby Leicester
Re: What to do with oem exhaust system
Reply #10 on: 24 May 20, 11:27:15
What year are they off and what condition ? Thing is it’s the same old story , whenever you want to buy something it’s an arm and a leg , whenever you want to sell it’s worthless . It’s okay saying the parts cost £3000 but unless someone is in need and they have no where else to go there only worth what someone is willing to pay . You could find someone tomorrow who is desperate and would be happy to pay whatever but if no one is in need of a box standard system you could be stuck forever and a day , it’s all about right time right place and what suits your needs best .

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Reply #11 on: 24 May 20, 11:58:01
*Originally Posted by boldie [+]
Crazy prices for a part that’s first to hit the ground if you drop it.....no wonder insurance premiums are creeping up.

Indeed they are crazy, I had a new LED headlight under warranty as ONE bulb/diode went out - unable to repair as a sealed unit, £1200 to replace the headlight.

Offline NinjaSquared2

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2017
  • City / Town: Battersea
Reply #12 on: 25 May 20, 07:21:08
*Originally Posted by John chamney [+]
What year are they off and what condition ? Thing is it’s the same old story , whenever you want to buy something it’s an arm and a leg , whenever you want to sell it’s worthless . It’s okay saying the parts cost £3000 but unless someone is in need and they have no where else to go there only worth what someone is willing to pay . You could find someone tomorrow who is desperate and would be happy to pay whatever but if no one is in need of a box standard system you could be stuck forever and a day , it’s all about right time right place and what suits your needs best .

Indeed just takes that one person!

It's from a 2017 model and had done about 14k miles before it came off. Conditions is good, no scratches or dents - just needs a drimmel going over the down pipes.

*Originally Posted by kernowjim1 [+]
Indeed they are crazy, I had a new LED headlight under warranty as ONE bulb/diode went out - unable to repair as a sealed unit, £1200 to replace the headlight.

I still can't get over this!  :005:

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master

Offline John chamney

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Cosby Leicester
Reply #14 on: 25 May 20, 11:15:28
Will give you a shout if I ever get a 2020 model as I hate the single exhaust , don’t know when that might be though as my work has died a death due to the current situation  :023: :023: :023 good look in the meantime

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
Reply #15 on: 26 May 20, 08:45:42
Will give you a shout if I ever get a 2020 model as I hate the single exhaust , don’t know when that might be though as my work has died a death due to the current situation  :023: :023: :023 good look in the meantime

Sorry to hear that - I've got a mate with a catering business in London which he's had for over 20 years and done very well but it's all collapsing as we speak, said he'll be bankrupt by the end of June.  Terrible

Offline NinjaSquared2

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2017
  • City / Town: Battersea
Reply #16 on: 26 May 20, 09:56:26

So sorry to hear about this and thank you. I doubt it will be gaining much interest and such as I hope you're back on up your feet and getting yourself a new ninja soon!

*Originally Posted by kernowjim1 [+]
Sorry to hear that - I've got a mate with a catering business in London which he's had for over 20 years and done very well but it's all collapsing as we speak, said he'll be bankrupt by the end of June.  Terrible

:006: that's so sad... Same story for so many in the industry.

Hopefully this all sorts itself out soon

expletive