Active Topics

Author Topic: Engine usage after 600 mile service.  (Read 1149 times)

Offline ooooo

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX & CRF250
  • City / Town: Bolton
Re: Engine usage after 600 mile service.
Reply #20 on: 23 May 20, 11:57:40
*Originally Posted by whyhaveone [+]
That'd be the Akra then. I was (still am for many versions) not an Akra fan believing them to be well overpriced. However, the Akra as part of the sport package comes in at much better value - though still expensive compared to other makes. This one looks good on the bike and TBH I'd not really like anything very much louder.

Almost as an afterthought it adds a couple more BHP and torque and reduces the weight by 2.75KG. All negligible, but all on the better side.  :002:
I have always used Akra exhausts on my bikes. Never bought one new, always second hand. I have always kept the stock exhaust to put back on before selling the bike. The last Akra a got costs me £300, then when I sold it I got £450 for it. Never lost any money

Online boldie

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Ninja 1000SX
  • City / Town: Spalding
Reply #21 on: 23 May 20, 03:29:42
So got the bike back from it's first service yesterday, a massively overpriced and frankly awful level of service to add insult to injury but that's a whole different story.

Due to COVID, service books are not being stamped (Wife's bike), didn't want to touch my USB stick either, No service showing on Kawasaki online, hopefully this is something that just takes time to update?

So "moderate" riding for another 350 miles then we're over the 1K miles mark, yay!

Online Nelix

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX.
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Reply #22 on: 23 May 20, 03:53:27
I didn't get book stamp or USB updated either, due to current circumstances so I don't think you can blame them for that.

As to the actual service, what were the issues?

Online boldie

• SX Pro
Reply #23 on: 23 May 20, 06:34:42
I appreciate we are in usual times and things are somewhat different from what we are used to.

Anyway, booked both the bikes in and dropped them off at 8:50am. Asked when should I return to collect them, 12:30-1:00pm was the answer. Great I said, see you around then.

The first service I was told would take 4 hours, this is why it’s soo expensive (£264) so I figured that was high based on feedback on here but wanted to support my local bike shop given the Current hard times, rather than save a few quid going further afield. 

So we go to collect at 2:30pm ish giving them plenty of time for a potential overrun. The impression I got was they hadn’t even started....no apology nothing.

Soo...I’ll just wait outside then....1:30 hours later “both bikes done sir”

Go to look at my bike and it is covered in a combination of oily spray and brown dust ( frame, yolks, console, tank, bodywork, seat you name it) and I mean covered.
This bike was immaculate on drop off, not a speck on it, now it’s covered in essentially home made grinding paste.

Obviously at this point I’m not particularly happy with the service I’ve received, at no point did I pressure anyone to do their job. We just waited patiently outside so it’s not like we encouraged them to short cut the service, they‘ve just left it too late in the day to do it properly and it’s a Friday.

When I asked to speak to the service manager to question the state my bike was presented back to me I just got a load of BS, rudeness and arrogance, no sort of apology or offer to put it right at all.

Needless to say this particular company must be doing well enough in the pandemic to not need our repeat business so I’m sure they’ll be fine after all.

Have already brought 3 bikes from this company so far this year, 2 brand new, probably about another £3K on gear and want another couple of bikes, one for the Wife when she passes her test and one for my Daughter. But after being treated this way I’m inclined to look elsewhere in future. Which is a real shame as the sales and clothing people are absolutely brilliant, have nothing but good things to say about them.

Obviously there are no sales people about the store these days to keep the service attitudes in check.

Also I had loads of vibration on the ride back which wasn’t there before, chains like a guitar string now so hopefully that’s all it is, will have to resolve that to before it buggers up my gearbox.

Online Nelix

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX.
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Reply #24 on: 23 May 20, 06:38:56
Not good at all, especially with all the business you’ve given them.
I'd be reaching out to the owner and explaining your issues. I certainly would not use their service Department again.

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Reply #25 on: 23 May 20, 06:40:53
Shame it's come to that - but yes, I think dealers are taking the p*ss right now due to the pandemic.  I'm having similar issues with my Ford Fiesta with Vospers in Plymouth and a recurring warranty issue, not even Ford can get them to shift their arses on it - they are that bad.  They act like they will be in business forever and we're a captive audience, they are in for a very big shock as there's an American sized juggernaut of a depression coming down the road. 

What is the name of your dealer?  You might not want to mention them but it's often our duty to inform other forum members of dealer experiences.  I deal with Cornwall Kawasaki who are truly excellent and 65 miles away from my nearest dealer which is GT Motorcycles in Plymouth who are utter utter sh*te.

Online boldie

• SX Pro
Reply #26 on: 23 May 20, 06:55:16
Let’s just say they are Peterborough's largest motorcycle shop and sponsor the odd YouTuber...

Again the other departments have been amazing, seriously the bike sales and clothing staff greet us with a coffee and ask about our kids as soon as we walk in. 100% happy with everything else. But you really don’t know a business until you’ve used the workshop.

Online mdr1970

• SX God
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
Reply #27 on: 23 May 20, 07:30:08
Get your bike serviced at Bikes n Trikes a little further up First Drove, not wheels. If you're worried about warranty Jason and Ben will buy the parts needed from Wheels to comply with kawasaki's requirements  :028:

They are bikers themselves not poster boys  :006:
2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:   :008:

Offline Teaboy

• SX Master
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
  • City / Town: Nth Lincolnshire
Reply #28 on: 23 May 20, 09:52:27
Not stamping service book is pathetic a pair of gloves which no doubt the mechanics wear all the time was the only precaution they needed to take.
Had my 7500 service done during lock down book stamped and memory stick updated and amazingly all involved are still alive and kicking

Offline whyhaveone

• SX God
  • Bike: 2020 Ninja 1000S
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #29 on: 24 May 20, 09:59:28
*Originally Posted by boldie [+]
I appreciate we are in usual times and things are somewhat different from what we are used to.

The first service I was told would take 4 hours, this is why it’s soo expensive (£264) so I figured that was high based on feedback on here but wanted to support my local bike shop given the Current hard times, rather than save a few quid going further afield. 

This is shocking and I would have no hesitation in naming this dealer - I would also fill out the Kawasaki online after service survey with full details. I'd also be writing to the shop manager/owner.

Ignoring all the other dreadful aspects of your experience: as for 4 hours and £264 for the service, WHAT?  :005:. Or was that for both bikes?  From the handbook I can see no difference in the first service requirement between the 2016/2020 models, they are basically the same. I paid £114 for the first (600m) service on my 2016 model and expect to pay a bit more for my 2020 one. About one to one and a half hours total.

Last Edit: 24 May 20, 10:01:28 by whyhaveone
Kawasaki: 1975 250-S1C; 1977 Z650-B1; 1980 Z1000 MKII A3; 2011 ER6n; 2013 Z1000SX ABS; 2016 Z1000SX ABS Tourer, 2020 Ninja 1000SX Performance Tourer.

expletive