Active Topics

Author Topic: Sylvain Guintoli  (Read 596 times)

Offline Foxy

• SX Master
  • Bike: Black 2011 SX AB
  • City / Town: Leeds
Sylvain Guintoli
on: 19 Apr 20, 08:24:06
Don't know if anyone has been watching Sylvain Guintoli on YouTube recently.  He's doing a load of clips and tips to improve track day riding and they're well worth watching.  Anyway he did one recently and asked people to send in footage for him to analyse.  So I thought I'd have a go at sending him the video of my Donington track day that I did on my gixxer from last month. Wasn't expecting to get any response but he's just sent me this. What a legend 😍.   

Last Edit: 20 Apr 20, 08:06:41 by Foxy

Offline maccmike

• SX God
  • Bike: Z1000SX Black
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Re: Syvain Guintoli
Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 20, 08:33:41
That's absolutely amazing Foxy, what a gent.  :028:

Offline Foxy

• SX Master
Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 20, 08:38:39
Pretty gobsmacked to be honest.  Only sent it yesterday evening. 

I've asked if i can send a donation to his chosen charity.  Hoping to get into late 1.40's on my next visit when all this crazy stuff is over.

Offline DDHughes

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2014 in Green
  • City / Town: South Yorkshire
Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 20, 09:09:19

I've been a fan of Sylvain's since he was my mate Leon's team mate in 2010.

I love his accent, a bit French but more Derby/Nottingham, cos he lives near Mallory Park with an English wife and 4 kids, (at last count).

He's raced in most of the top classes out there. If he's giving advice - I'd take it !

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • Bike: 13 Z1000sx
Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 20, 09:13:09
That's awesome Foxy  :464: Very nice of Syvain to take the time to go through your lap and then give a talk through total LEGEND  :062:

Offline sooty66

• SX Master
  • Bike: z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: knaresborough
Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 20, 08:12:06
 :464:
As a former marshal I can say he is one of the nicest guys in the paddock,looking forward to hearing your times next time out Foxy  :031:
Once you've had black,you'll never look back

Offline Dartagnan

• SX Pro
Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 20, 03:39:23
*Originally Posted by Foxy [+]
Don't know if anyone has been watching Syvain Guintoli on YouTube recently.  He's doing a load of clips and tips to improve track day riding and they're well worth watching.  Anyway he did one recently and asked people to send in footage for him to analyse.  So I thought I'd have a go at sending him the video of my Donington track day that I did on my gixxer from last month. Wasn't expecting to get any response but he's just sent me this. What a legend 😍.   https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmiemXXSuQiWhZ1lsSJv1hMHHM4Adw?e=PT7EJj

That's a brilliant piece of video analysis, I know from the few track days I've done you feels like its impossible to go any faster ha ha ha..:)....Till you watch a pro and very well explained. brilliant..

Offline Foxy

• SX Master
Re: Sylvain Guintoli
Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 20, 05:20:09
I knew it wasn't a great lap as I've actually gone a bit quicker on the SX ( and the Gixxer should have a bit more to offer, but I'm still getting used to it.

The analysis is fantastic, I might struggle a bit with the request instantly banging it down the box when braking (too much mechanical sympathy) but sounds like this will bring some big improvements and allow me to go slower in, pick a better line and accelerate quicker because I'll be more upright. Can't wait to go back and try it out  :028:
Last Edit: 20 Apr 20, 05:38:04 by Foxy

expletive