Active Topics

Author Topic: GP EXHAUST CANS (GP-S1)  (Read 1638 times)

Offline richiecan1

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Leeds
GP EXHAUST CANS (GP-S1)
on: 01 Apr 20, 09:52:38
Hi all you good folk..has anyone got the GP EXHAUST CANS (GP-S1) fitted ? I've seen them on the bay of E and wondered if: a) if they are any good, b) if the bike will need a remap if I fit them, the seller says it won't need one, and c) will they work with the monokey panniers.

Thanks in advance.

Online Nelix

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX.
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: GP EXHAUST CANS (GP-S1)
Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 20, 01:05:52
No remap is required for end cans.

Offline tonytango

• SX Member
Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 20, 08:07:46
i have them fitted

Offline richiecan1

• SX Member
Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 20, 12:40:34
Thanks folks, they def look better than the originals anyway..are they "over loud" though ?

Online Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 20, 07:51:47
*Originally Posted by richiecan1 [+]
Thanks folks, they def look better than the originals anyway..are they "over loud" though ?

Not if the cat is still in place, that does a majority of the sound dampening, remi E the cat and your ears will bleed after a while and you will need baffles (and a re map) as there will be no backpreasure and the mapping will be completely out.

Offline richiecan1

• SX Member
Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 20, 05:45:12
Oh, thanks for that Scotty001, as I'm in no way technically minded, then it's back to the originals..

Online Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 20, 05:53:10
*Originally Posted by richiecan1 [+]
Oh, thanks for that Scotty001, as I'm in no way technically minded, then it's back to the originals..

If you have not de catted the bike and have the original downpipes with cat, adding these "cans" will make the bike look kicer "open to interpretation" the bike will sound nicer, it will be louder but not by much but the main thing will be the exhaust Note will be a nicer deeper tone and not sound like a fly farting in the wind (which you get with oem cans.) also you will jot need a re map, the bike will be fine, you will only need a re map if you have changed the oem downpipes and removed the cat.

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 20, 07:19:35
Ok, I'll add my 2p worth. I fitted these to my bike, bought off another member of this forum. He sold them because they were too loud for him (I believe). At first I thought they were ok, but after about 100 miles the droning got really annoying and I also thought of selling them. Then I fit some baffles in and, hey presto, problem solved. I think they look a lot better than originals and now the noise level is ok for me.  :028:

Offline HeavyRain

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Swindon
Reply #8 on: 03 Apr 20, 08:22:27
*Originally Posted by yorkie [+]
Ok, I'll add my 2p worth. I fitted these to my bike, bought off another member of this forum. He sold them because they were too loud for him (I believe).
That, and the lack of back pressure left a small but noticeable hole in the mid-range response. Your baffles have probably addressed both issues. Not sure why GP don't offer that option.

Offline richiecan1

• SX Member
Reply #9 on: 04 Apr 20, 08:21:29
Thanks for the info guys, you'll have to forgive my lack of technical and mechanical knowledge, but would anyone have any suggestions for some end cans that I could fit with the least amount of messing about. I do like the look of the slash cut ones of Tonytangos which do look like they have just replaced the original one, which is what I wanted to do. I just thought I could undo the originals and slide on some new ones. The bike is totally stock, so the exhaust is original.  :828:

expletive