Active Topics

Author Topic: NEW 2020 TOURER  (Read 1111 times)

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
NEW 2020 TOURER
on: 24 Mar 20, 05:18:33
well my bike DID turn up to day , with the lockdown wasn't really expecting it , dropped off my new sx and took away my sx se h2,  just found out that rather than Kawasaki just leaving the bullet connectors to fit your 12 volt outlet they now have a plug connector, does anyone know if you can buy these connectors ,or is a plot by Kawasaki to try and get you to buy a £5.00 12 volt outlet socket for £79.00 as they have fitted a plug to them. failing that has anyone just cut off the connector and fit terminal block / different connectors . cheers . does anyone know what fuse it is that  powers these wires as will need to up it to 7 amps to run my tyre inflator .

Online Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Re: NEW 2020 TOURER
Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 20, 05:24:24
One person on here couldn't find the other half of the plug and  has cut the plug off and connected a superseal plug in its place.

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 20, 05:52:43
Is the other half of the plug already there ??? I take it if it is you unplug it and connect the wires from your power outlet into it then just plug it together then ????

Online Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 20, 06:02:13
Unfortunately not, it's just a blanking plate over the plug, there's no pins and the rubber gromits have no holes to feed the cables through. I'll try digging out the thread as he posted some good pictures of the plug and blanking plate.

Found it
https://www.z1000sx.co.uk/index.php/topic,12084.msg136275.html#msg136275

Offline boldie

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRt
Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 20, 06:13:17
Glad to hear delivery wasn't cancelled! I'm just about to fit the USB outlet too. Ordered some super seal water proof connectors off of a popular auction site.

Will at least give me something other to do that just look at it :/.

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 20, 07:09:57
Yes you’re right can you take some pics and post them that will give you more to do do you know we’re the fuse is for it cheers

Offline Darseyno1

• SX Master
  • Bike: Kawasaki sx 1000
Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 20, 07:40:50
We would like to see the photos of your new toy
"ye must be born again"

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
Reply #7 on: 25 Mar 20, 02:19:17
Ok a couple of quick snaps of my bike , just gave it its first clean and made a couple of carbon fibre effect vinyl  guards to cover the side of the frame wear your legs rub on it , done the same on my last sx, have fit my optimate lead under the seat and tucked it away under the passenger seat , I have removed the so called Kawasaki tool kit and have managed to squeeze in my little compressor and tubeless repair kit , never had s puncture yet but always take it with me , would still like a bagster tank cover and tank bag to store odds and sods , also great tank protection, Have just took the bike around the block and to be honest I had forgot how good these bikes are, just round the doors the quick shifter is changing faultlessly up and down the box , really so smooth and controllable. thought I was going to miss my sx h2 se a lot , but apart from the massive increase in power as you go up the revs , is feels just as good , and is more comfortable , so I am quite happy ,just need to get the 12 volt power socket fit ,  I am still not sure which is the connection you use it was so easy on the last model just two wires with bayonet connectors .I tried my scorpion exhaust on but the link pipe is miles away , so will be selling it , I mentioned this before but if one of the members contacts scorpion  and informs them they are from the forum and other members are also interested in there products, a good chance they will give the forum 20% discount , they did  this for the sx h2 forum , I know because I spoke to them , I don't want to do it again from another forum , a good saving , if ypou don't ask you  don't get !!

Offline Westy23

• SX Member
  • Bike: Ninja 1000sx
  • City / Town: Ware
Reply #8 on: 25 Mar 20, 02:48:38
Lovely bike Keithzx
I’ve got the same but in green.
Can I ask do you have the same humming noise from engine with the ignition on
but bike not started as I and other are reporting?
It’s not the fuel pump I am hearing as that just starts until primed and then is silent.
Thanks.

Offline Ascalon

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx ABS
  • City / Town: Dublin
Reply #9 on: 25 Mar 20, 02:50:16
@Keithzx Well wear, mate.

That's a cracker!

Nullius in verba.
Bike mods: MRA screen, Powerbronze hugger, crash bungs, OEM heated grips, fork sliders, swingarm bobbins, total loss f*cks system.