Active Topics

Author Topic: Ninja 1000SX heated grips?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline ooooo

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX & CRF250
  • City / Town: Bolton

Offline Splash

• SX Master
  • Bike: Superduke GT
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: Ninja 1000SX heated grips?
Reply #11 on: 04 Mar 20, 10:46:49
Personally i have only ever used the Daytona heated grips on my SX's, can't fault them. 4 stage heating, found them to be nothing other than superb.

Offline paulw64

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Ninja 1000SX
  • City / Town: Carlisle
Reply #12 on: 05 Mar 20, 07:44:27
*Originally Posted by Westy23 [+]
Let’s us know how the heated grips are as I am thinking of getting them on my base
Ninja 1000sx later this month.
Expensive but necessary at aged 65  :006:
Found they were warm enough in the hottest setting to keep my hands warm yesterday on the trip back to Carlisle from Preston and it was bloody cold yesterday.
Great bike by the way, just hard work yesterday keeping it under 4000rpm for 90 miles.

Offline Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #13 on: 05 Mar 20, 06:34:27
*Originally Posted by paulw64 [+]
Found they were warm enough in the hottest setting to keep my hands warm yesterday on the trip back to Carlisle from Preston and it was bloody cold yesterday.
Great bike by the way, just hard work yesterday keeping it under 4000rpm for 90 miles.
you will be OK going above the 4k mark as long as your not snapping the throttle back and screaming through the rev range, climb through the revs gently and smoothly when the engine is warm and you will be OK. Its good for the bike to be used in different rev ranges and not just sat at 4k for long periods of time during the "run in period"

Just think of all those ex demo bikes out there that have no engine issues. Do you think they were kept below the 4k rev range?  :745: I know the one I took out with 11miles on the clock wasn't

Offline Paul1967

• SX Member
Reply #14 on: 08 Mar 20, 04:37:34
On the 2020 OE heated grips how do you scroll through the 3 heat settings and do the 3 settings show a different colour on the grip light please?

Asking as I paid too little attention on my handover lol

Thanks, Paul.

Offline TopLad

• SX Member
  • City / Town: Buckinghamshire
Reply #15 on: 08 Mar 20, 05:25:49
Press once and they turn on to full power...the indicator flashes 3 times, press again for level 2 and it flashes twice, once more for low power and it flashes once. Press again to switch off. Think if you hold the button on a lower power setting, it goes up the other way, ie it gets hotter. Once they're up to temperature the indicator goes green.
They're ok. Nowhere near as good as the Oxford grips on my last bike but they look nice and tidy.
Last Edit: 08 Mar 20, 05:57:56 by TopLad

Offline Paul1967

• SX Member
Reply #16 on: 08 Mar 20, 05:45:06
Thanks for that. I'll have to pay more attention on a handover in future!

Offline tissei

• SX Member
Reply #17 on: 08 Mar 20, 05:54:36
*Originally Posted by Scotty001 [+]
Its good for the bike to be used in different rev ranges and not just sat at 4k for long periods of time during the "run in period"

This also has been my run in theory since long time (and shared by some engine mechanics too)...
Use gently across the rev range (nothing too extreme, but surely above 4k), lot of engine braking, this will allow the mechanic tolerances to seat and piston rings to seal ok. Ideal setting: mountain passes :)
The oil (will all the "wear" metal particles inside) will be soon changed in the first service usually set in the short term for this reason also.

Keeping the same rev for many miles (ie highway) is usually a thing that many advise against.

Offline Ascalon

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx ABS
  • City / Town: Dublin
Reply #18 on: 25 Mar 20, 11:27:22
The Kawasaki OEM heated grips were on my 2014 SX when I got it, last November.

Have been using them on and off ever since.
They are pretty good, and I can't complain.

Hottest setting seems to be too hot, no matter the weather. I use them on middle or slightly above.

Seems to be a three or four setting option.
Check them out here:
https://www.kawasaki.eu/en/accessories/others/Z1000SX/2014?UidCat=0031WQ&UidSubCat=0378WlhZXFhaWllYWFlYWVhcW1pZ&CodeBaseInternal=0218MjpZWFhYOzA&Uid_Model=042CWlhZW1laWFpaWllQWVBZWl1ZXlxQ&Uid=045BWlhZXFhaWllYWFteW15aWFBZWFxeUA

Nullius in verba.
Bike mods: MRA screen, Powerbronze hugger, crash bungs, OEM heated grips, fork sliders, swingarm bobbins, total loss f*cks system.

expletive