Active Topics

Author Topic: New Ninja 1000SX: dodgy info on insurance database?  (Read 1361 times)

Offline ian

• SX Pro
Jesus ###king Christ

i used to work in insurance so i know may way around (would be chartered insurer by today's standard but i packed it in 30 years ago) but ###k me no wonder the everyday person is so ###ked off by them

just a straight additional to the policy on multi-bike, in theory, should be easy,

after the usual 'security' questions

them: what's the reg what security does it have

me: its @@20 @@@ with data tag like they all have and immobilizer

them: what make its that

Me: its a ninja 1000 sx UK 2020 model as listed on the Kawasaki web site i pick it up on Wednesday brand new

them: how old is it

me: its brand new

them: has it been insured before

me: no its brand new

them: how many miles will it have on it

me: its brand new so none

them: how long have you owned it

me: i have not its brand new, i pick it up on Wednesday so i need the policy to start midnight Wednesday

them: it'll need to be refereed it takes 48 hrs, so we'll know by Thursday

me: that's no good i need to know for Wednesday

them: i'll escalate it and we'll text you

Online TopLad

• SX Member
  • City / Town: Buckinghamshire
I feel your pain. What made it worse was the fact that Bennett's review the same model, in Tourer spec, on their website and YouTube channel.
Good luck!

Offline Duffelcoat

• SX Member
  • Bike: SX
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
They are all utter muppets, I had a similar problem with mine last year (brand new)

I had the registration number, but it wasnt yet on DVLA database and they had no way of doing the insurance without it being a known registration on the DVLA database and they couldnt do without the registration number.

Talk about stupid, its not like this problem cant have come up before!

Offline boldie

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Ninja 1000SX
Had fun with my insurance too, pretty much same convo as the transcript above, My Tracer 900 2016 model with Bennetts £256 fully Comp, best I could get on my 2020 NINJA was with Kawasaki Insurance £795...with no NCB (haven't ridden for a few years). I re did the quote with 1 year NCB to see what it would likely be next year £305. Expensive first year then reasonably sensible.

Offline tasmanuk

• SX Junior
I'm trying to insure my new 2020 Ninja 1000SX Performance Tourer and insurance company databases still only have the standard edition. Even Kawasaki insurance doesn't have the other versions  :023:

Offline whyhaveone

• SX God
  • Bike: 2020 Ninja1000SX
  • City / Town: Hampshire
*Originally Posted by tasmanuk [+]
I'm trying to insure my new 2020 Ninja 1000SX Performance Tourer and insurance company databases still only have the standard edition. Even Kawasaki insurance doesn't have the other versions  :023:

They do have, phone them on the dedicated Kawasaki line. If you're a Club Kawasaki member (you get a years free membership with a new bike) it's: 0800 085 6551
Kawasaki: 1975 250-S1C; 1977 Z650-B1; 1980 Z1000 MKII A3; 2011 ER6n; 2013 Z1000SX ABS; 2016 Z1000SX ABS Tourer, 2020 Ninja 1000SX Performance Tourer.

expletive