Active Topics

Author Topic: Hello I am new here  (Read 228 times)

Offline Kwakdave

• SX Junior
Hello I am new here
on: 17 Jan 20, 01:56:41
Hi all you SX owners, let me introduce myself.
I bought a new SX1000 Touring in 2017 (extras included the Akrapovic exhausts, orange seat cowl, 12v socket, engine protectors) after having been looking at them for a few years, then saw the orange one at the London show, it looked great, sat on it and i fitted into it nicely, so bought one after a bit of research.
I have owned a Z1000 ABS model since 2009, it is a 2007 model, registered in 08 then i bought it in 09 pre reg but new, at a very tempting reduced price, love that bike and still have it and use it.
I have joined this site now because the SX to me is undergeared, higher revving than my Z1000, which i found odd as it is labelled a sports/tourer and i wanted to do some touring with the panniers being a great option.
I researched all the available Kawasaki sprocket combinations which would fit my bike then off i went to my dealer with a list of part numbers.
The technician at the dealer where i bough it said i cannot alter the gearing at all as it would throw the engine management system and traction control out, plus the speedo would read wrong, disappointed i had to leave it as is. I now have been told by another dealer i can change the sprockets but Kawasaki don't list any alternatives, so here i am on the search for a less revvy ride, i know with the low gearing it launches like a scalded cat which is fun but it isn't the reason i bought the bike.
Thanks for anyone who has read all this, I hope to be able to do something to what is a fantastic bike. Maybe slightly higher bars, mmm some people just are never happy unless tinkering...

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Re: Hello I am new here
Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 20, 03:41:12
 :401:

If you use the search facility on the forum you will find that gearing and bar risers are bother well covered subjects.

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 20, 04:56:08
GreenSexyKawasaki

Offline Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 20, 05:26:15
 :401: Dave, you can change the gearing, one sprocket but not both. If you hit the search button you will find a few threads, it's been well covered.

Offline ooooo

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX & CRF250
  • City / Town: Bolton
Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 20, 05:59:11

Offline sooty66

• SX Master
  • Bike: z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: knaresborough