Active Topics

Author Topic: Touring in France  (Read 767 times)

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Re: Touring in France
Reply #10 on: 13 Feb 20, 11:05:36
*Originally Posted by Johnny7009 [+]
I take it they are pretty anal with speeding then ?

They are indeed and there are average speed cameras everywhere these days and they're invisible, not like the big yellow versions we have here.  They apply to DVLA for your information and then send a speeding fine via a collection agency.  A mate recently got fined 50 euro for speeding in the Alps, ignored it and it went to 400 euro's in 2 weeks - with costs he now owes 750 euro's and he's being chased by a UK based collection agency.  Just not worth the stress.  It's not like the old days when you could get to the Magny Cours for the Bol d'Or in 3 hours on a ZZR1100!

Offline Johnny7009

• SX Junior
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #11 on: 14 Feb 20, 12:30:50
Might be a bit different after Brexit... not going until July so hopefully it will be clearer then... or I'm going to get a lot of fines. 😂😂

Offline gavuk

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx (soon)!
Reply #12 on: 14 Feb 20, 07:36:47
*Originally Posted by Johnny7009 [+]
Might be a bit different after Brexit... not going until July so hopefully it will be clearer then... or I'm going to get a lot of fines. 😂😂

My semi retired mate splits his time between Brittany and the UK.

He says there are 24 mobile speed camera vans in that area.

Offline Johnny7009

• SX Junior
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #13 on: 14 Feb 20, 09:07:40
We are going to head down the west coast from Le Havre down to the pyrenees and try to keep off the main roads so hopefully we will be ok.... other than that it's gonna be a dear week or so. 😥😥

Offline vance5868

• SX Pro
Reply #14 on: 14 Feb 20, 04:09:19
Yes and then some , both with the mobile hair drier brigade and the fixed automatic ones . The mobile ones fine you on the spot or confiscate your bike and the electronic ones come in the post a month later