Active Topics

Author Topic: Shad Luggage  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Chris15

• SX Member
Shad Luggage
on: 07 Dec 19, 03:38:03
Does any one know if the Shad pannier and top box can be fitted to a 2017 model using the Shad mounting sysytem

Offline Teaboy

• SX Master
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
  • City / Town: Nth Lincolnshire
Re: Shad Luggage
Reply #1 on: 08 Dec 19, 07:54:55
Top box available for 17 but not panniers, but top box does fit with Kawasaki panniers

Offline Chris15

• SX Member
Reply #2 on: 08 Dec 19, 08:59:31
Cheers, been looking at the Givi stuff and they do both panniers and top box that will fit, panniers are bigger and cheaper than the Kawasaki ones so will go for them.

Offline sooty66

• SX Master
  • Bike: z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: knaresborough
Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 19, 08:57:25
Not shad,but my old givi luggage on my 18 plate

Once you've had black,you'll never look back

Offline Ninja1000_andy

• SX Member
Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 19, 12:31:43
Teaboy you are a star  :028:.  I've been going through loads of posts to find out if i can have a topbox with the standard Kawasaki panniers and it looks like your setup is just what i was looking for.  I know that i have to be careful of weight on the subframe with adding a rack and topbox but please can you advise if any modifications were needed to get the SHAD system to fit your bike with existing Kwak luggage.
Mrs Ninja1000Andy spotted the pannier and topbox setup on a Kwak Versys at this years bike show and has said this setup would be useful for more touring holidays.

thanks again
Andy

Offline Teaboy

• SX Master
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
  • City / Town: Nth Lincolnshire
Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 19, 07:32:31
Andy no mods needed fits straight on no problem
Shad instructions are a tad vague and a second pair oh hands does make life easier when reassembling (a job for Mrs A perhaps) if you have any issues fitting give me a shout.
You do need to remove the security bolt under the seat to drop the undertray, ignore any horror stories of having to drill out the bolt it is not particularly tight just get a flat blade screwdriver with a good sharp edge use plenty of downward pressure and screwdriver will bite into the relatively soft head and unscrew easily, use an ordinary bolt when reassembling

Offline Ninja1000_andy

• SX Member
Reply #6 on: 10 Dec 19, 09:18:42
Hi teaboy, thanks for the reply and the info, it's just what i was after.  While the bike is off the road over the winter seems an ideal time to do this mod. Should be able to get some good touring miles done next year with this kind of luggage setup.
Thanks again.
Andy

expletive