Active Topics

Author Topic: Whos going to get the new SX - Sorry Ninja 1000  (Read 18270 times)

Offline ian

• SX Pro
Re: Whos going to get the new SX - Sorry Ninja 1000
Reply #40 on: 19 Jan 20, 11:14:28
the dealer is making enquiries for the performance model that is not on the web site at the moment but is sure it will be out (they said it would be at the NEC when i asked)- may be have to wait a wee while for the ackro exhaust

the blackish/graphite one with no panniers, i prefer a top box so i just need to get the top box stays as i have the base plate and box from the zzr

green this year didn't look right nor did the white

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Reply #41 on: 19 Jan 20, 12:26:17
*Originally Posted by ian [+]
the dealer is making enquiries for the performance model that is not on the web site at the moment but is sure it will be out (they said it would be at the NEC when i asked)- may be have to wait a wee while for the ackro exhaust

the blackish/graphite one with no panniers, i prefer a top box so i just need to get the top box stays as i have the base plate and box from the zzr

That's the best colour combo definitely - looking forward to seeing some pictures when you have it

Offline Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #42 on: 20 Jan 20, 11:09:50

To be honest you may be better off (monetary wise) creating your own performance version, you can get a set of cans the seat cowl and Tinted screen of your choosing for a lot less than the performance price.

The acras have fixed baffles unless your willing to drill the carbon, the stock screen and there are better options (puig) out there

I got the 2017 performance model and changed the cans and screen within weeks (I stuck wish the acras as Rob (on here) was happy to swap my non removable ones with his 2016 removable baffle acras.
Next time I'll just get the bits I want and save some money.
The v5 also just states Z1000sx not Z1000sx performance.

Offline ian

• SX Pro
Reply #43 on: 20 Jan 20, 09:02:12
mmm maybe

the usual suspects will bring bits out that will look better than the standard exhaust

so i may do that

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
Reply #44 on: 20 Jan 20, 09:07:11
mmm maybe

the usual suspects will bring bits out that will look better than the standard exhaust

so i may do that

As far as I can see it's a single silencer with 51mm link pipe - there will be tons of options by the spring - save yourself a fortune over the 'performance' model

Offline Duffelcoat

• SX Member
  • Bike: SX
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
Reply #45 on: 21 Jan 20, 08:42:01
Just wondering if this affects insurance,

The performance package versions from Kawasaki seem to show up as a 'standard' models, but I guess other exhaust options wont.

Trouble with the performance package for me is the akros dont sound much if any different from the standard exhausts (at least on the SX),

The other bits are over priced, but tend to be available for dealer discounts as the model goes on, so might not be much available in discounts straight away on the new model.

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
Reply #46 on: 21 Jan 20, 10:30:08
*Originally Posted by Duffelcoat [+]
Just wondering if this affects insurance,

The performance package versions from Kawasaki seem to show up as a 'standard' models, but I guess other exhaust options wont.

Trouble with the performance package for me is the akros dont sound much if any different from the standard exhausts (at least on the SX),

The other bits are over priced, but tend to be available for dealer discounts as the model goes on, so might not be much available in discounts straight away on the new model.

Unlikely to affect insurance as the 'performance' upgrades are merely cosmetic, no performance enhancement at all.

Offline Duffelcoat

• SX Member
  • Bike: SX
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
Reply #47 on: 27 Jan 20, 09:31:59
Some recent walkarounds appearing on poo tube for the new bike,

Havent seen a proper review yet, but maybe soon:

(There are others for the other colours)

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Reply #48 on: 27 Jan 20, 11:58:09
I know the reasons but that can is bloody awful  :827: :827:

Is the new dash smart phone compatable ???

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Reply #49 on: 27 Jan 20, 02:58:18
don't think any of the  newer Kawasaki exhausts look any good , took them off my zzr 1400 and fit scorpions , took them off my sx 1000 and fit the slash cuts , removed mine from my sx h2 and fit the scorpion, best tell the insurance company as long as they don't increase performance no extra charge

expletive