Active Topics

Author Topic: Whos going to get the new SX - Sorry Ninja 1000  (Read 18252 times)

Offline TopLad

• SX Member
  • City / Town: Buckinghamshire
Re: Whos going to get the new SX - Sorry Ninja 1000
Reply #90 on: 19 Feb 20, 11:03:49
I am, in 15 days, not that I'm counting. The grey, black and green one with the tourer spec. Looking forward to it, once this shocking weather comes to an end. Seems like there's a lot of contented owners on here and great to see that there's still a decent following for sports tourers.

Offline Bladesman

• SX Member
  • City / Town: Sheffield(UTD)
Reply #91 on: 25 Feb 20, 09:01:14
I was up for getting the new model until I saw the single exhaust.Not only is it hideous but as there is just the one,it looks lop-sided from the back. Still making my Mrs go with me to look at it on Green Friday though,not let on I no longer want one so she is still fuming.Cheers,Bladesman.
Get a Big Black Dog up you!

Online Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #92 on: 25 Feb 20, 10:39:42
*Originally Posted by Bladesman [+]
I was up for getting the new model until I saw the single exhaust.Not only is it hideous but as there is just the one,it looks lop-sided from the back. Still making my Mrs go with me to look at it on Green Friday though,not let on I no longer want one so she is still fuming.Cheers,Bladesman.

You never know, it may be possible to retrofit the Twin exhaust and headers onto the new bike, those   that went with aftermarket headers may have oem headers they are willing  to part with. there seems to be a fair bit of ineterst In that so lextek may be Interested in making (if their current stock doesn't already fit) twin headers. You could get the best of both worlds.

Online kernowjim1

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Reply #93 on: 26 Feb 20, 07:59:46
*Originally Posted by Scotty001 [+]
You never know, it may be possible to retrofit the Twin exhaust and headers onto the new bike, those   that went with aftermarket headers may have oem headers they are willing  to part with. there seems to be a fair bit of ineterst In that so lextek may be Interested in making (if their current stock doesn't already fit) twin headers. You could get the best of both worlds.

Agree with Scotty, I see no reason why the twin system on the previous model wouldn't fit - you can pick up stock exhausts on ebay for little cash. 

Online mdr1970

• SX God
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
Reply #94 on: 26 Feb 20, 08:14:21
It's the same engine, so will fit, but who want's to gain weight :187:
Same 4 into 2 aftermarket headers will do, but will defintely need remapping afterwards...
2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:   :008:

Online Scotty001

• SX God
Reply #95 on: 26 Feb 20, 04:47:40
*Originally Posted by mdr1970 [+]
It's the same engine, so will fit, but who want's to gain weight :187:
Same 4 into 2 aftermarket headers will do, but will defintely need remapping afterwards...

I don't mind a little bit more weight if the looks are better.

Offline Duffelcoat

• SX Member
  • Bike: SX
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
Reply #96 on: 26 Feb 20, 04:57:19
Fit a lithium battery to offset it...

My need to lose some weight is on me rather than the bike and will be more effective (and cheaper!)

:164:

Online Scotty001

• SX God
Reply #97 on: 26 Feb 20, 05:07:14
To be honest it think with the weight of the oem can, you could replace the downpipes for older twin oem downpipes and Install aftermarket cans and still weigh in less than the new single sided setup with stock can.

Offline Bladesman

• SX Member
  • City / Town: Sheffield(UTD)
Reply #98 on: 26 Feb 20, 07:06:39
Interesting idea,think it may be more difficult than just swapping parts though. I will ask about the option on Green Friday when I go to have a look at the 2020 model.Cheers,Bladesman.
Get a Big Black Dog up you!

Offline FowlersZSX

• SX Junior
Reply #99 on: 26 Feb 20, 07:11:49
Popped in to Bristol Kawasaki to have a look at the new bike yesterday and it was as I thought looks wise. Except for the single pipe it looks the same as mine. There are loads of little changes I spotted as I looked the bike over though. I like the thicker seats but the sales guy said they would likely fit straight on my bike and next time I was in he'd try them on if I was thinking of buying a pair. He also said it was slightly disappointing to him that the bike wasn't more of a complete new model instead of an updated one. I personally don't mind either the duel cans or the single one but both bikes look better with aftermarket cans anyway. 

expletive