Active Topics

Author Topic: Earplugs  (Read 1825 times)

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Earplugs
on: 30 Nov 19, 08:24:59
As per the title, does anyone use the "in ear" earplugs with speakers, preferably bluetooth ??

If anyone answers with a yes there  will be further questions  :001:

Thanks

Offline Brian675

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2019 ZX1000
  • City / Town: Mission
Re: Earplugs
Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 19, 11:57:18
I use earplugs with a Cardo system.

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Reply #2 on: 01 Dec 19, 09:04:53
Hi Brian, thanks for the reply. I currently use a Sena along with standard ear plugs but as I have alluded to before at anything over 50mph(ish) I don't hear the GPS, hence my question about the "in ear" models available  :828:

Offline Brian675

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2019 ZX1000
  • City / Town: Mission
Reply #3 on: 01 Dec 19, 04:49:36
I understood the question. I also had difficulties with volume especially with incoming calls, but after phoning Cardo they advised me to use the app which has master volume controls for all aspects, and now all incoming calls, GPS and music can be heard clearly.

Offline ian

• SX Pro
Reply #4 on: 01 Dec 19, 06:27:36
i used to use ultimate SoundEar not cheap though and they've gone up in price since i had mine done

the cable was a draw back and got tangled or pulled out when putting the helmet on but the sound was fairly good

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Reply #5 on: 01 Dec 19, 07:39:58
Hi Ian, thanks for the reply.
It's actually Ultimate Sound Ears that I am looking at but the bluetooth version as opposed to the wired. They are even more expensive than the wired but I guess that is obvious. How did you find the sound?, from what I have been looking at on the net they get good reviews.
I have had Ultimates standard earplugs before and they probably lasted about 7/8 years before my changing ear canal shape made them too uncomfortable to wear and they went in the bin.

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #6 on: 03 Dec 19, 09:47:58
*Originally Posted by yorkie [+]
Hi Brian, thanks for the reply. I currently use a Sena along with standard ear plugs but as I have alluded to before at anything over 50mph(ish) I don't hear the GPS, hence my question about the "in ear" models available  :828:
Can’t compare Sena to the new Cardo, Bold or Slim are miles ahead of Sena, with far better sound quality, I can hear a audio book at 70 plus (in countries where 70+ is legal) on EU tours when I had to use motorways, I tend to listen to a book.
GreenSexyKawasaki

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Reply #7 on: 04 Dec 19, 08:54:25
*Originally Posted by Tudor Rebel [+]
Can’t compare Sena to the new Cardo, Bold or Slim are miles ahead of Sena, with far better sound quality, I can hear a audio book at 70 plus (in countries where 70+ is legal) on EU tours when I had to use motorways, I tend to listen to a book.

Hi TR, thanks for the reply. I appreciate that newer models are always going to be an improvement on the previous, be that Cardo, Sena or whoever.
The problem is, just like many other things, that until you buy one and try it you don't know if it will do what you require, and by then it's too late because you've spent the money.
My main use is for touring and GPS commands. I very rarely listen to music or other audio and I'm not interested in being in contact with anyone I happen to be riding with, kind of takes away the independence of being on a bike.
I'm still erring towards the Ultimate Ears bluetooth set up which will connect to the GPS and phone simultaneously, just trying to justify the cost  :008:

Offline ian

• SX Pro
Reply #8 on: 06 Dec 19, 04:22:16
*Originally Posted by yorkie [+]
Hi Ian, thanks for the reply.
It's actually Ultimate Sound Ears that I am looking at but the bluetooth version as opposed to the wired. They are even more expensive than the wired but I guess that is obvious. How did you find the sound?, from what I have been looking at on the net they get good reviews.
I have had Ultimates standard earplugs before and they probably lasted about 7/8 years before my changing ear canal shape made them too uncomfortable to wear and they went in the bin.

i found the sound very good when you think about the size of the speaker
i only changed to their std ear plugs when i changed my helmet to a shoei so i used the sena integrated system and a tom tom sat nav
before i was using google maps from the phone with the ear plug plugged in

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Reply #9 on: 06 Dec 19, 05:27:05
*Originally Posted by ian [+]
i found the sound very good when you think about the size of the speaker
i only changed to their std ear plugs when i changed my helmet to a shoei so i used the sena integrated system and a tom tom sat nav
before i was using google maps from the phone with the ear plug plugged in

Thanks Ian,
It's good to know that someone has had positive results  :002:
Apparently Kimi Raikkonen uses the Ultimate Ears Soundear so I guess that must say something for them, I bet he doesn't have to pay for them though  :008:
I'm getting closer to convincing myself to purchasing some, I very much like the idea of having the engine/wind noise protection plus the speakers all in one unit