Active Topics

Author Topic: Spain again next year.  (Read 831 times)

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Re: Spain again next year.
Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 20, 03:51:56
Ed, Yakker,

Do either of you happen to know how many times Brittany Ferries will let you re-schedule??

I see there are places on mid September crossing and I reckon the weather should still be decent in Spain at that time. But what if, when September arrives you don't feel happy to go, even though Brittany may take you.  Would you have the option to defer again until 2021 ??

Offline ed

• SX Master
  • Bike: '17 perf tourer
  • City / Town: Derby
Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 20, 05:00:48
*Originally Posted by yorkie [+]
Ed, Yakker,

Do either of you happen to know how many times Brittany Ferries will let you re-schedule??

I see there are places on mid September crossing and I reckon the weather should still be decent in Spain at that time. But what if, when September arrives you don't feel happy to go, even though Brittany may take you.  Would you have the option to defer again until 2021 ??
I don't think you can  defer to 2021. You can swap bookings in 2020 as much as you like though. Issue for me is that I  booked "standard" ticket so I had to pay 50% up front and the balance 2 months before I go. If I cancel I lose 50% of ticket price (so if I cancel before late July I just lose £300 that I already paid). If I cancel after end of July I will have paid the full £600, but I will get a refund of £300 in vouchers to use next year and this is a higher risk slightly as they could be closed next year or ferry company might have gone bust meaning that vouchers are worthless and I end up losing all £600.
So I'll be having a good ponder over my choices during July!

Offline yorkie

• SX Pro
Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 20, 06:58:13
Yes, I also booked standard, though only on a one way basis so my figures are lower than yours. That's one of the reasons I am thinking that I will just hang on and let them cancel the sailing and then I believe legally that they have to offer a refund. I will then get my money back and just see what happens at the back end of the year.
I know the danger with that strategy is that the spaces could all be gone and that they will be able to charge a lot more for the spaces left but that's a chance I think I may take.
Decisions decisions  :187: :187:

PS, I have emailed Brittany asking them much the same question as above but I expect it will be a while before they can get around to responding.
Last Edit: 23 Mar 20, 07:00:04 by yorkie