Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sale or Return?  (Read 649 times)

Offline Nelix

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX.
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Sale or Return?
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 03:15:04 PM »
Because he no longer wishes to leave the bike with the dealer.
It's his bike, dealer cannot keep it, nor can the dealer chase him for payment as there is no written agreement.

Offline stevo

• SX Master
  • Bike: XSR900 & T120
  • City / Town: West Wittering
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 04:15:21 PM »
You may, or may not like this but in my absolutely honest opinion (since you are asking for advice in general), putting the legalities aside for one moment (and the semantics), I have always believed a man's word is his bond. Two months or two years, there is a lot of time and effort that goes into creating a half decent sales add, of which it's a job I personally do not relish. Do you really want to get caught up in a war of words of what was (or was not) said? I'm sure they'll do you a good turn should you ever return to buy a bike or have some service work in the future... and it is good Karma!

I personally would pay it, and walk away the wiser for it. You can create your own Autotr***r add (which I think is around £40? for six weeks) and see how you fare. I can only imagine it's not a pleasant job selling bikes at this time of year.

I make no apologise for my personal opinions.

Respectfully

Stevo

Offline Cimaj

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX 17-
  • City / Town: Wyszków
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019, 06:48:22 PM »
Personally I`d ask them to show me in details documents which can confirm that this money which they are asking are in totall for what they did. Before that everything is soft arguments that they want`s money for their job
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 06:52:18 PM by Cimaj »

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2019, 09:50:12 PM »
A verbal contract is legally binding, so long as they can prove it’s a ‘common practice & price’ so be careful
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Offline Nelix

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX.
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2019, 09:53:58 PM »
Yes. But try proving what was said.

expletive