Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: If there is a new Sx  (Read 1581 times)

FowlersZSX and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Re: If there is a new Sx
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 05:51:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by nimmz [+]
Full spec is on Kawasaki’s website, except the price.

This model is expected to land on UK shores in mid-February with anticipated pricing from £10,999 to £11,199.  (From Kawasaki UK Facebook page)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 05:53:13 PM by kernowjim1 »

Online FowlersZSX

• SX Junior
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 01:03:18 AM »
I only bought my new silver Z1000sx about 6 weeks ago after finally deciding I didn't want a fireblade anymore and now I find there's a new version coming out. So part of me is wondering if I should have waited as it would have been nice to have a comfier seat, electronic dash, cruise control and a quick shiftier but then again I only gave £9000 for mine with the touring pack included, and I'm sure the new one with the touring pack with be close to £12000. It is better but maybe not £3000 better and like others have already said I think I prefer the current double cans to the new ugly single one and it sounds like the engine hasn't had any significant upgrades so performance. In a couple of years if still enjoying mine and there are again great offers on the new bike I might change.

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 08:16:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by FowlersZSX [+]
I only bought my new silver Z1000sx about 6 weeks ago after finally deciding I didn't want a fireblade anymore and now I find there's a new version coming out. So part of me is wondering if I should have waited as it would have been nice to have a comfier seat, electronic dash, cruise control and a quick shiftier but then again I only gave £9000 for mine with the touring pack included, and I'm sure the new one with the touring pack with be close to £12000. It is better but maybe not £3000 better and like others have already said I think I prefer the current double cans to the new ugly single one and it sounds like the engine hasn't had any significant upgrades so performance. In a couple of years if still enjoying mine and there are again great offers on the new bike I might change.

To answer your question - is it £3000 better?  Absolutely not.  Cruise control, TFT and quick shifters are motorcycle folly - i.e. luxury items

Offline Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: XR34 and TZ350
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 08:47:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by FowlersZSX [+]

Sounds like you got an absolute bargain with your 2019 - the issue will be - does it ride any better - I suspect not and for a sports tourer you have everything you could possibly need on your existing SX - now if the MY2020 had an extra 40 hp that would be nice - but again could you actually use all of it on the road?

Enjoy the new bike and ride safe.
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline Darseyno1

• SX Master
  • Bike: Kawasaki sx 1000
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2019, 09:49:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rocky the Dog [+]
Sounds like you got an absolute bargain with your 2019 - the issue will be - does it ride any better - I suspect not and for a sports tourer you have everything you could possibly need on your existing SX - now if the MY2020 had an extra 40 hp that would be nice - but again could you actually use all of it on the road?

Enjoy the new bike and ride safe.

you definitely got a real good deal there rockythedog. I was looking at your photo of the dog. I had a blue rowan cocker spaniel just marked like yours and if had to be put down in may 2017. It boke my heart. I always said that I never regretted having that dog and miss it even yet. Look after it Rock.
"ye must be born again"

Offline tissei

• SX Member
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2019, 05:23:52 PM »
£9000 touring brand new????
wow... be really happy and ride safe... small money for so much bike...

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2019, 05:47:26 PM »
you will be able to pick up the 2019 models at a great discount now the new model is coming out , the exhaust does look crap , but it also looks crap on the sx h2 , just change it !!! I bet it is a great ride the quick shifter to me is a big improvement if it works as well as it does on the sx h2, it doesn't cost anything for a test ride for those who fancy a change , but think if  you are part exing your trade in may be a bit lower than you expect , I like it !!

Offline Dan

• SX Master
  • Z1000SX(14) Tiger800XC CB1000R FZ1N VFR
  • Bike: Z1000SX Green 19
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2019, 10:23:52 PM »
I've only just stumbled across the new bike today and I also bought a 2019 just back in May.

Initially I did think.... great I should have waited but like the other poster I good part X price on my old 2013 model and paid £9999 with the touring kit.... not quite the £9000 he paid but not far off.  I love my Emerald Green 2019 and I can't see in day to day riding the 2020 will be that much better for me.

Overall I like the 2020, hate the can.... that would have to go, the TFT is nice.  I think the fairing on the 2017-19 model looks better and I don't like the way the pillion seat steps up at the back.

Offline Teddybear

• SX Member
  • It's only rock n roll but I like it...lol
  • Bike: Z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: Northants
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2019, 09:52:14 PM »
Look forward to a good look at the nec if the 2020 version will be there...
For me I like the twin end cans on my 2018 I also like the negative dash too...guess I am just that sort of guy...lol.. :164:
On the plus side at least the new bike is not radically different visually so my year bike does not look that out dated... :062:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 10:12:28 PM by Teddybear »

expletive