Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Is there such a thing as gloves that work at -1?  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
Re: Is there such a thing as gloves that work at -1?
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2019, 05:00:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by mdr1970 [+]
Oh Shandy, you flatter me so. I'm blushing  :745:

I simply tried before buying. I was at  MotorcycleLive and got to try them against each other before making my choice  :028:

:oh_no: The common sense approach...foiled again!  :019:

Why doesn't anybody do the rush in, get inpatient and buy, regret later and make do approach anymore  :187: :027: :008:

I thought I was being savvy by trying the jacket on at the smaller London motorcycle show, no Gerbing to compare it to though.

To be honest, the sizing and styles are so confusing and way out that I sent the Keis jacket back so many times, that I actually got it for free in the end  :164: THe one I eventually ended up with wasn't in stock and SBS couldn't get hold of one for months. By the time I eventually got one, they had been discontinued and it just arrived at my door one day. SBS either forgot that they had given me a refund or decided they could'nt charge me for a product they technically didn't sell anymore  :027:
I actually think they sent me someone else's return but it works.

Still think that if I'd actually paid for it, the Gerbing would have been better.

This reminds me, I need to find the time to wire the connector to my new bike now  :190:

MDR, you are still an SX legend   :830:
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline Dominic-h

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Melksham
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2019, 02:09:24 AM »
I use Blaze battery powered heated gloves. Never did like the idea of a cable trailing from my gloves.

Offline mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 06:38:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dominic-h [+]
I use Blaze battery powered heated gloves. Never did like the idea of a cable trailing from my gloves.

:461: but I don't like the idea of batteries running out and needing to be charged before hand more  :006:

The harness for the gloves is in my winter jacket permanently and I have a panel mount port by the battery tray under my seat for easy connection when needed, instead of a wire just poking up  :002:
2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:   :008:

Offline Dominic-h

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Melksham
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2019, 07:30:49 AM »
Well I did 300 miles and 6 hours Saturday and they didn’t run out :)

I have a Keis heated jacket wired in and at times find that wire restricting and it doesn’t have to move far.

Offline mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 09:23:18 AM »
DC jack plug extensions are very cheap, so gaining freedom of movement is easy. I have a 30cm extension for mine  :028:

6 hours on battery is very good and significanlty more than the Gerbing forums report  :047:
2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:   :008:

Offline MarchHare

• SX Member
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »
I have used heated jackets for years and have had Oxford vest (very tight, controller failed after 2 years but replaced for free),
Gerbing jacket (worked well for a couple of years but then some of the copper wiring broke internally and it was not repairable, at least by me), Keis Jacket (best yet -  2 years and still working though I have had to replace the controller and the jacket plug. I have currently got the Keis gloves as well which are great. They heat the back of the hands and fingers/thumbs but not the palms so I use heated grips as well in full on cold conditions. The only downside of the gloves is its a bit fiddly to plug in and they don't really fit under jacket sleeves if that's your thing. It's probably the best combo I have tried so far.
I also had an Exo heated vest which is good though very baggy which is not ideal. Also the controller needs to be purchased and mounted separately on the bike and mine broke after a couple of years. Using any of these without a controller is horrible, you get roasted alive in about 10 minutes!

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2019, 04:35:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by MarchHare [+]
I have used heated jackets for years and have had Oxford vest (very tight, controller failed after 2 years but replaced for free),
Gerbing jacket (worked well for a couple of years but then some of the copper wiring broke internally and it was not repairable, at least by me), Keis Jacket (best yet -  2 years and still working though I have had to replace the controller and the jacket plug. I have currently got the Keis gloves as well which are great. They heat the back of the hands and fingers/thumbs but not the palms so I use heated grips as well in full on cold conditions. The only downside of the gloves is its a bit fiddly to plug in and they don't really fit under jacket sleeves if that's your thing. It's probably the best combo I have tried so far.
I also had an Exo heated vest which is good though very baggy which is not ideal. Also the controller needs to be purchased and mounted separately on the bike and mine broke after a couple of years. Using any of these without a controller is horrible, you get roasted alive in about 10 minutes!

:460:

Very informative response  :828:
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline Harry

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: Velp
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »
Anyone experience with these: https://www.acerbis.com/motorsport/en/product/plastics/handguards/dualroad/0013046#a_page

They look nice. Never saw them in realy live though.
Anyone with picture mounted on a z1000s?
Jawa 350 (1980-‘81), CB750 Four K1 (‘81-‘82), CB750F2 (‘82-‘85), GPZ750 (‘86-‘89), CBX750 (‘90), GPX750R (‘90-2000), -Kids Break-,  Bandit 1250 (‘12-‘17), Z1000sx (‘18->)

Offline sooty66

• SX Master
  • Bike: z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: knaresborough
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »
I had them on my hornet,still have them in the garage somewhere,if you look at the first page of this thread you'll see foxy has them on his,sure they're the same
Once you've had black,you'll never look back

Offline Brian675

• SX Junior
  • Bike: 2019 ZX1000
  • City / Town: Mission
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2019, 04:18:07 PM »
I bought a pair of Held gloves recently and they are waterproof as well as warm down to -2C and also give better feel than some of the more bulky gloves

expletive