Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Being tempted by other bikes....  (Read 621 times)

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
Being tempted by other bikes....
« on: August 24, 2019, 09:31:07 AM »
I've recently been drooling over a superduke R, superduke GT and speed triple RS...

I love my SX so it would take something special bike wise and finance wise to get out of my SX but damn no matter how much I try to ignore those 3 bikes I end up watching videos and today I'm going to end up at the dealerships in essex...

Would you keep your sx? If not which of the 3 would you consider and why? Any views on reliability? Bit worried about KTM on that side.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline ZX9R

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
Re: Being tempted by other bikes....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 03:42:30 PM »
It's all about personal choice and usage IMHO. I bought the SX as a bike for 2 up touring that works when wanting a more spirited ride.

For me the SX is an ideal compromise. That's after owning mainly sports bikes up to now and trying a number of other potential purchases.

Of the 3 you mention I guess the Superduke GT is the closest but still very different from the SX. In terms of value for money I think the SX wins hands down.

As far as KTM reliability is concerned I guess it depends how comprehensive any warranty might be.

Not much help I'm afraid but maybe test riding will confirm your love for the SX.  :830:

P.s personally if I was looking elsewhere and money wasn't an issue I give the BMW s1000xr a good look. Mind you if money wasn't an issue I'd have them all.....  :018:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 03:45:02 PM by ZX9R »

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 04:02:50 PM »
Yeah hear good things about the s1000xr

Well didnt go to any show rooms, I think I will keep holding out and see next year. It makes no sense to change but bike envy as you know is an evil mistress.....
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline ZX9R

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 04:51:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ninjamaster [+]
........ bike envy as you know is an evil mistress.....

:461: Absolutely :005:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 05:01:03 PM by ZX9R »

Offline Street Hawk

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: East London
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 07:59:48 AM »
I feel your pain. Have been going through same feelings except, it's the 1290 SD and GT and BMW S1000xr. What ever you do, dont take any of them for a test ride. Are they better than SX, a strong maybe but pound for pound the SX is class leader. I am tempted as those other bikes offer more power, comfort maybe by some, gimmicks etc. As soon as I ride my sx after being tempted by the snake, i fall in love over again. Just, dont cheat on her, LOL. I remind myself that those bikes comes with a premium and all my mods, mapped, filter, exhaust etc, still cheaper than those. After paying premium for those bikes you still have to do mods that are way expensive and more complicated due to all the technology that goes into them. I have to be honest thought, it's really really tempting watching those YouTube videos. Some are not really honest on the faults of these machines and they dont have them too long for all the problems. With KTM I always wonder why they sell them before or on 20 000km on the clock. There are many second hand ones on the market and BMW just type in problems with these bikes and it scares you off. I feel your dilemma.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 10:01:00 AM »
Haha yep I was planned  for a test ride Saturday and didnt go to any of them! The SX is clearly an ideal bike for me and I just have weak moments lol.

Nb: don't buy an s1000xr it's due a major overhaul for 2020!

I need a bigger garage and more money hahaha
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Jase

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX / S1000R
  • City / Town: Near Hull.. HU12
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 12:08:38 PM »
I looked at other bikes,   but still kept the SX.

I just gave it a couple stable mates instead.
The lovely S1000R, and the expected S1000RR M-Sport (whenever that will arrive :( )
2016 Z1000SX
2017 S1000R Sport
2019 S1000RR M-Sport <<-- Whenever it gets delivered.

Offline Street Hawk

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: East London
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »
My garage is too small and I dont want sell my KLR. The government aka wifie, wants her garage back, LOL!!